Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Drew for your information

Phild,

I havn't dealt with oakleaf militaria before. I've only heard very good things about them so I will cetainly check there website on a regular basis from now on.
    As for General greatcoats well its been a long time since I've seen one and guess a long time before I get to see another but I've lerant something since this thread started. I'm a little wiser now.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    AB.
    In memory of my Uncle,
    Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
    2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
    Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

I have a named general's overcoat that came out of the woodwork, It never had gold buttons,
      DaveJ

Comment

Originally posted by DaveJ View Post
        I have a named general's overcoat that came out of the woodwork, It never had gold buttons,
        Hmmmm.........Is it for sale Dave??

AB.
        In memory of my Uncle,
        Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
        2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
        Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Everything is for sale, this belonged to Knights cross winner, and came with converted waffen rock
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=general%27s

I really do not want to sell the grouping, but a suitcase full of cash would make me change my mind
          DaveJ

Comment

Scott:

The uniform grouping to which I referred in my earlier post is also for a Generalleutnant. This guy was an infantry general who was commonly seen wearing panzer wraps, so I guess personal preference played a large part in what they wore.

Regards,

Drew

x
            Last edited by CSP; 06-04-2009, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottPritchett
              It seems unusual that he would have upgraded the lapels with red and switched shoulder boards twice on this coat without changing the buttons. .
              I agree that most period upgrades that I have seen had the gold buttons added as well and to be sure one would expect every fake to have this detail but, the boards would have only been replaced once as the promotion to GenLt would have required simply adding the pip.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X