Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

-
        Attached Files

Comment

Very curious ! Why so big, and for wich use ?

Comment

Very interesting. It appears to be silver. Are there any markings in the band?
            The cartouche looks like Amber..Any interesting info as to who it belonged to , or how you got it? ..,Thanks ,G.

Comment

A rare Goering pocket pool special.
              MLP

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
                Very interesting. It appears to be silver. Are there any markings in the band?
                The cartouche looks like Amber..Any interesting info as to who it belonged to , or how you got it? ..,Thanks ,G.
                hello
                the band had not markings , and i think the cartouche is not Bernstein .
                i think it is plastic , or plastic glas . i have the ring and a regiment steins from 1905 from a private house into the city Bielefeld . there none could inform me about the ring.

I would be pleased if I more information get here.

greetings A.

Comment

Well, if its plastic then it would probably be a postwar piece.
                  Glass is a possibility. Amber is much lighter than glass. There are tests you could do that could tell you exactly what it is, but maybe leave that up to a professional..Any competent jeweler should be able to tell you.

Comment

The size of the ring just doesn't look right for the period....

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
                      Well, if its plastic then it would probably be a postwar piece.
                      Glass is a possibility. Amber is much lighter than glass. There are tests you could do that could tell you exactly what it is, but maybe leave that up to a professional..Any competent jeweler should be able to tell you.
                      i have testet . its amber ...

Comment

Many jewelry artists made exaggerated sized rings like that during the period. Maybe not military theme but when looking at pieces and catalogs from the 30s,40s, you'll see them..
                        Its a multi piece construction,,maybe as many as 7 pieces. The Amber too is fine for the period..
                        You'll never be able to say 100% its a wartime piece, but at least you now know the construction method and materials are wartime and its a possibility it could have been made then.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X