Jäger Oberfeldwebel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jäger Oberfeldwebel

Jäger Oberfeldwebel, note the lack of piping on the boards.

Does anyone see problem with that?

Regards, Hardy

Last edited by naxos; 09-26-2007, 05:57 PM.

Boards

They are prewar boards, piping was not used on boards until 1938.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/unif...s/Enlisted.htm

Comment

Thank you for the quick response

My questions:

1.) Would one continue to use his pre war boards up until Summer 1942?

2.) I know that the Reichswehr used piping in the twenties - did the Wehrmacht in the early thirties discontinued to wear piping and then reused piping in 1938?

3.) Shouldn’t there be remnants of a cipher or regimental number on these boards?

Hardy

Comment

In the Brian Davis book Traditions of the German Army, there are a few pictures of soldiers/NCOs captured in Italy, 1944 wearing M43 tunics with the pointed shoulder straps . To answer your first question, yes. However this was against regulations.

Some of these straps issued without numbers or piping. Later ciphers and embroidered numbers were ordered removed for OPSEC reasons.

Originally posted by naxos View Post

My questions:

2.) I know that the Reichswehr used piping in the twenties - did the Wehrmacht in the early thirties discontinued to wear piping and then reused piping in 1938?

3.) Shouldn’t there be remnants of a cipher or regimental number on these boards?

Hardy

Comment

Piping

Originally posted by naxos View Post

My questions:

Hardy
          The Reichsheer did use piping on their boards in the early 1930's. The pointed end, dark bue/green, unpiped boards were used '37-38. The Reichsheer had piping on their rounded end boards up through the early Third Reich period. Then they switched to the pointed end feldgrau, unpiped baords.

Many Jager units had been Infantry units until 1942, when they were redesignated as Jager units.

Comment

Originally posted by Abzeichen View Post
            The Reichsheer did use piping on their boards in the early 1930's. The pointed end, dark bue/green, unpiped boards were used '37-38. The Reichsheer had piping on their rounded end boards up through the early Third Reich period. Then they switched to the pointed end feldgrau, unpiped baords.

Many Jager units had been Infantry units until 1942, when they were redesignated as Jager units.

Looks like someone bought a copy of the new Schlicht Kraus Reichswehr book and is taking it out for a spin with old threads,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X