Police arm badges galore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police arm badges galore!

These have been knocking around in my draw for the last 10 years or so, a few years back when i first found out about blacklight some were pronounced fakes on that strength alone (although i'm a little wiser now). I don't collect them any more but i always loved police arm shields. So here we go.

comments very welcome!

Wasserschutzpolizei enlisted ranks
    Seems ok to me but i have no references to work on bar the bad pics in KM uniforms and traditions vol.2

This one seems the most dodgy of the lot to me
    Last edited by Simon O.; 06-05-2003, 01:35 PM.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

fire protection police
    Seems ok to me

Schweinfurt schutzpolizei
    again to my untrained eye it seems ok, should they have backing cloth? this one doesn't
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Berlin schupo summer uniform
      The white fabric glows, the white backing fabric on the reverse doesn't.

I have nothing to compare this one with so i really don't know

Comment

One of my favourites an officers badge, however the core threads glow. Thoughts?

Now on to this little piece. Until yesterday i had never seen anything like this, i always thought it was a type of police sports vest eagle. Now i see Helmut Weitze has one for sale, look for Polizei großer Turnhemdadler on his site if you want to compare.
        It does however almost blind you under blacklight but then gain it may have been put through a washing machine because it's definitely been ironed at some point.

Simon

Comment

re

hello simon just what you thought
          the officire badge i don,t like
          the rest is IMO good

cheers johnny
          sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

The Duesseldorf, Schweinfurt, Berlin, Hannover are all common fakes. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to trace the source…if anybody knows? Notice they are constructed identical (head/beak, thin wreath, etc.) and they do come in many other colors. I personally own a Schweinfurt in orange, unnamed red insignia on white, and white insignia on brown. Too many color variations, even one that didn’t exist, and poor construction. I think you’ll find the backing cloth flimsy, thin, and more of a soft felt feel to it. Also I don’t like the Wasserschutzpolizei insignia nor the officers’. The officer insignia appears to have little or no legs and no claws into the wreath. The feuer related eagle might be good.

What size is the last insignia in blue?
            Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

r

thank you for your input on these GENDARM
              i see you,ve got a good eye
              i saw that the officir,s version was not oke
              but now you say about the constuction of the other one,s
              i also see it
              never to old to learn something more

greetings johnny

Comment

Thanks for the replies
                Gendarm, the blue insignia is 10cmx10cm. What is it about the wasserschutzpolizei insignia you don't like?

Could you recommend any decent reference works on polizei insignia?

Regards

Simon

Comment

re

i don,t know any side SIMON but when you click
                  on the link below on the ruptured duck he has aquite a few for sale maybe this wuold help

regards johnny

Comment

re

i have three police arm badge,s one officir one feldgendarmerie
                    and one police

cheers johnny

Comment

Hi All,
                      though not police here are a couple of mine (fire) i will try and take photos of my police later.

Ashley

Comment

And another.
                        Ashley

Comment

Police as promised

Ashley

Comment

An oficers on L/W blue backing.

Ashley

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X