Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer General's lot

Hi guys,
    I've received this lot in consignement from an old collector. He told me that he has bought it in Germany during sixthies.What do you think about. Thanks in advance. Val

Hi, no opinions on air? Val

Comment

Looks okay, I really like the pennants detail on the eagle.
      DaveJ

Comment

I agree with Dave, the pennant looks very good and it's a nice original IMO. As for the boards they look good too but better close ups would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by TONY Q.W. View Post
          I agree with Dave, the pennant looks very good and it's a nice original IMO. As for the boards they look good too but better close ups would be helpful.
          Following more close ups of the car pennant:

Comment

Close ups of the shoulder boards:

Comment

The pennant is a wonderful piece.
              Mike

Comment

Im no expert but that pennant looks great!

Comment

Generals stuff

That pennant is awesome!!!

Alex

Comment

Pennant and boards look great to me

Comment

Everything looks OK to me.

Comment

I find it rather interesting that the gold cords are made in the soutache "V" pattern that the inner silver cords are typically made from, rather than the basketweave.

Never seen any like that before, which certainly doesn't mean they didn't exist. After all, original variants exist where the inner silver cord was also manufactured in the basket weave pattern more commonly associated with the outer gold cords.

Also note that this exhibits the variant five loops on the side (instead of the regulation four), excluding the button loop.

Comment

I remember a pair of boards like this about 30 years ago. They had the little loop on the bottom and I remember at the time I thought they were very early, perhaps even Weimar period or transistional perhaps. Alas they were stolen along with my entire collection and most of the generals insignia was not recovered. I got all the uniforms back including a panzer general...except two. Maybe these still belong to me! OJ can do it...why can't I!

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                            I remember a pair of boards like this about 30 years ago. They had the little loop on the bottom and I remember at the time I thought they were very early, perhaps even Weimar period or transistional perhaps. Alas they were stolen along with my entire collection and most of the generals insignia was not recovered. I got all the uniforms back including a panzer general...except two. Maybe these still belong to me! OJ can do it...why can't I!

Richard
                            Hi Richard, it's very unlikely that this shoulder-boards could be yours. They come from an old ( 75 years old ) Italian collector who bought them in Germany during sixthees, together with the pennant. He told me that all the lot referred to to the general Kurt von Briesen. Val

Comment

Val,

I was only teasing, I was not at all serious. I do know a collector who confessed to having my untouched Algemeine SS tunic that was never recovered. He is a forum member too.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X