Afrikakorps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afrikakorps

I have had this set for more years than I care to remember....I am totally out of touch with uniform collecting so can anybody tell me the value of this lot? No shoulder boards! Can anyone help although I think they are likely to be beyond my budget so even repros would help. What about the skull+bones? The jacket came with these so I left them but should they be there? The ammo pouch is marked "2 Pz.Abw.21" inside one of the flaps. If original from 21st Panzer, it would go perfectly well with an Afrikakorps jacket but is the marking original....
    Anyway, I would be grateful for your thoughts on value and the shoulder board (I am not selling it though!)
    Terry
    Attached Files

re

terry can you show more detailed pic,s ???
    from the eagle the litzen the inside and the cufftitle
    now it is very hard to say
    from adistance i can say this tunic is the third type tropical tunic
    introduced in 1943 and as you maybe know this was the year the african-campain ended
    i believe it was mai 1943 and as you know with all the shipping problems of the equipment from europe to afrika
    this tunic it was very rare to see in africa the most tunic,s were
    the first m-40 and the second type m-42
    the m-43 type was IMO more involved inthe itailian scene
    so i wonder is the cufftitle original on this tunic???

regards john
    sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Afrikakorps

Thanks for your comments. The photo is an old one and the tunic is packed away in a cupboard and with other stuff and not easy to get to. The cuff title is not original to the tunic.
      Terry

Comment

Hi Terry,

The tunic itself seems Ok to me judging the picture.

The question is more, are the insignia original to the tunic. It has the Afrca collartabs and eagle applied. As far as I know these were not worn on the European continent, so this tunic has been in Africa, was stored awaiting shipping or post-war fitted. You have to check the stitching to find this out.

Schulterklappen are really hard to find. I think every pair on the market nowadays has to be considered fake. Price ranges of fake ones go from EUR 75 up to ...

The thing bothering me with the skulls, why do so many tunics from this theater that popup on the market have these ?
        Well, on a worn tunic these have to leave some shadow on the lapels at least, so you have to check that out.

These are my thoughts on the picture you've shown.

Bart

Comment

I would like to add that, in most cases if original, the breast eagle should have the swas. applied over part of the top of the pocket flap. DAK tunics usually have this feature, common to Luftwaffe tunics, but not usually common to other Heer tunics.
          Regards,
          John
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Afrikakorps

The pocket is fitted over part of the circle around the swaz.

Comment

Terry, from the picture posted I am unable to denote the color of the eagle. It looks like it might be blue but I cannot tell. Is it blue or gray?

Best wishes, Chet
              Zinc stinks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X