No announcement yet.

Waffenfarbe HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Propaganda was grey. It's hard to say about yours without having it in hand out in the light. Sometimes you have to just make the best guess. When the piping was new it wasn't consistent - different materials, manufacturers, dye lots. Since waffenrocks stopped being issued at the start of the war, all are now 60+ years old. Add in whatever the hell happened to them over all these years plus the fact that different materials & dyes have held up better than others and you wind up with pieces like the one you have. I have a fairly large strap & board collection. Lay out 10 of them side-by-side and each will have a slightly (and sometimes not-so-slightly) different shade. I have a couple pieces that I'm still not sure of. Angolia's color patches are about the best I've seen, but even there he is trying to replicate with ink-on-paper what dyed material looks like. Based on the one picture of yours I think it's most probably light brown - early Signals. There were several other units that used the light brown, but they were either very obscure or instituted after the war started (ie - most probably no waffenrocks).

I am assuming that there are no devices on the boards.

Comment

Dave, this is a detail of the shoulder board. I've tried to balance the color to what I see as opposed to what the computer sees. Hope it looks about right on your monitor!

Do you have any Propaganda samples?

Thanks,

Neil
      Attached Files

Comment

Now I don't know what to think. Boards are for a reserve officer so the bottom color should be light to medium grey. The top color would be the branch color, and the photo makes it look like a faded pink - at least on my monitor.

Scott or Wade, what do you guys think?

Comment

It's definitely not pink. I was afraid that trying to match the color would make the problem worse. Too many machines putting their own interpretation on things! We need Star Trek’s transporter to solve this! It is a light brown. The reserve underlay is just what you would expect it to be. I'm afraid we have probably taken this one as far as our technology will let us. I do appreciate your time and efforts in helping me. I also appreciate those other members who graciously provided samples of their own browns.

Now begins the search for some gray!

Thanks to all,

Neil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X