GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could A Silver Iab Be Worn Next To A Gab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could A Silver Iab Be Worn Next To A Gab?

hy mates, i once saw it on a photo but could it be on a artillery tunic?
    a silver iab and a gab
    cheers man

I don't think it should be possible. After all the GAB and IAB were awarded for the same thing, ie. 3 assaults on 3 different days, once you've qualified, you've qualified and you get the badge relevant to your branch of service.

where did you see the photo?
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Both could be worn together if the holder completed 3 assaults in an infantry unit and then 3 others in, say, an engineer unit.

A photo on page 293 of the first edition of Angolia's 'Cloth Insignia of the SS' shows an SS NCO wearing the IAB and GAB together.

Very unusual, but not unknown.

Comment

Initially, destruction of an armored vehicle with a hand-held weapon was recognized with the award of the GAB. Later, the TDB was awarded for such deeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Curley View Post
          Initially, destruction of an armored vehicle with a hand-held weapon was recognized with the award of the GAB. Later, the TDB was awarded for such deeds.

Well you learn something new every day, thanks for that.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I have the Soldbuch from a RK winner that shows he won the IAB in Cholm and later the GAB so it is posible to earn both, to wear it, I think is against regulations, but...........

Angel
            Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

There's a great photo of a SS Panzer Scharführer entering Karkov, and in addition to his PAB he is wearing half a broken IAB - fully a third of the wreath is missing. It's in the Time-Life series on the Third Recih in the SS volume.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X