Afrikakorps cuff title black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was vet acquired by me many years ago.

Ron

I also got this one at the same time from the same vet.
    Last edited by Ron C.; 09-10-2007, 07:32 PM. Reason: Add photo of Afrika title

Black (Velvet) Band

A great Irish song and a continuing mystery. Nice to see a Vet piece. It looks like it was sewn on and cut off without opening the band. Neat. Usually they were just ripped off.

Comment

Additional photos with different background

Jhodgson said "It looks like it was sewn on and cut off without opening the band. Neat. Usually they were just ripped off. "

Yes.......that is correct some of the threads are visible still in the title. I took some more shots on a different background, and showing the backside of the title.......also some closer shots to show the weave and lettering front and back. The flash washes out the edging thread which is "bullion" or "wire" thread.

Ron

Comment

Ron

SWEET!
        Never thought I would ever see one of these...
        Real piece of history you have...

Best
        Tim

Comment

I like it. Its not a variation I've seen before.The backing cloth and edging are not what I've seen (to use the term loosely) on "textbook" Cts. Weitzes just might be good. WR Jim

Comment

HI,

Beautiful piece! The Scipion & Bastien book: "Afrikakorps / Tropical Uniforms of the German Army 1940-1945", at p. 26, states that "[b]efore the cuff title [standard cuff] was officially adopted, 'unofficial' variations appeared (some pictured in text)."

Thank you for sharing.

Christopher
            Last edited by MilitaryCollect; 12-08-2007, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X