propaganda or chaplian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

propaganda or chaplian

Can anybody tell me whether this waffenfarbe is chaplian or propaganda? Personally I think it is Chaplian. Bill Shea has it as propaganda on his site . Jacques
    Attached Files

close up
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks definately purple in the picture. My vote is with you, a Chaplain cap. Propaganda would be gray.
      Garth

Comment

Piping

Hard to tell, I have seen Medical fade to a purple-like shade, usually collar tabs. Propaganda is light, like the lower part of Army Reserve officers boards or HV. Hard call, Bill certainly would be aware of the differences, maybe it is the photo? You can ask him.

Comment

I suppose it's not propaganda because for that i know the piping was light grey. May be also medical or reserve officials but i have seen veri few example for a sufficient opinion

Comment

Hello
            Chaplain IMO also , if it is faded , look underneath , but it does not appear to be anyway ,still has his shine.
            Regards
            P-Y

Comment

My take would be medical, if only because chap items are so rare. It could well turn out differently in hand, however.

Don

Comment

I am thinking that it could be a faded medical as well.

The color appears too dark for propoganda. Violet is a possiblity, but it appears to be more of a blue from what I can see on my monitor. Awesome cap!

Comment

Guys,I am sure the answer lies on the back of the soutache, that will show its real colour. The cap is on its way to me and I will take a good look and report back. Thanks for all the comments, very informative. Jacques

Comment

I have just received the cap and in hand the soutache is a much lighter purple. It has no fading and have the same light purple colour on the back of the soutache. 100% a chaplian schiftmuzte. Bill must be colour blind as it is not even close to grey. One hell of a nice cap. Jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X