AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kriegsmarine motor vehicle drivers specialty badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine motor vehicle drivers specialty badge?

Hello I have found this cloth badge, but I have no information about it. The design is the same than the LW motor vehicle drivers badge, but thisis with the army/navy eagle in gold on dark green backing.

I belive that this is for the green uniforms of the KM, but I have not seen it before.

Comments?.
    Attached Files
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Back.
    Attached Files

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

Kusten artillery perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Askold View Post
        Kusten artillery perhaps?
        Probably, but I can not find information about it in any of my books, and I have a lot about Kriegsmarine.

Has anybody seen this before?

Regards
        Eduardo

Comment

Anybody can help me?

Regards
          Eduardo

Comment

I have one just like it. I always thought it was an early Army specialty patch that was discontinued. I believe Angolia shows it in his series on Army uniforms and equipment...Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
              I have one just like it. I always thought it was an early Army specialty patch that was discontinued. I believe Angolia shows it in his series on Army uniforms and equipment...Tom
              Tom, you are right, thanks a lot .

On Angolia's book explain that this badge was never authorized and that no regulations were publishd about it, so the insignia was a "false production".

Regards
              Eduardo

Comment

Badge

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                Tom, you are right, thanks a lot .

On Angolia's book explain that this badge was never authorized and that no regulations were publishd about it, so the insignia was a "false production".

You might want to do some more research on if the badge was issued etc. For me this would be a odd thing to see as a reproduction and you badge looks period made to me.

I would say with the others, it is most likely Coastal Artillery. That is a little known branch etc. it is very posssible these were worn and issued.

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
                  You might want to do some more research on if the badge was issued etc. For me this would be a odd thing to see as a reproduction and you badge looks period made to me.

I would say with the others, it is most likely Coastal Artillery. That is a little known branch etc. it is very posssible these were worn and issued.
                  I agree with you that the it looks like a period made badge, but in all the information that I have about the Kriegsmarine-Kustenartillerie, I have not found any information about it, and I have never seen it in use in any period picture.

I only have found something on the Angolia's book, and if I have not understood wrong, in a period catalog they found this badge as "Army driver arm badge", but that its use was never authorized and that no regulations were published about it, so was original made but not used.

Regards
                  Eduardo

Comment

Badge

It could be army too, it is the right backing. Maybe this was a prototype etc. and then they went with the Steering wheel in three grades? I am working in Mexico and don't have access to any of my books here. The Kriegmarine Angolia volume might have something too, worth checking. The Angolia volumes are great but there were a lot of mistakes and misinformation just from limited documents etc. This always happens but it is worth it to look other places etc.

Comment

Absolutely original issue . . .

A very neat patch!

This is an original WW2 German Army sleeve insignia. I have one in my collection too.

They are not common and it was a proposed esign manufactured by the Firma Franz Raab in Weissenburg, Bayern.

It was suppossed to approximate the LW Drivers Specialty patch but was never approved for wear.

MfG,

Diane

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X