Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Flak Tunic

Hi all,

I watched this offering for days, studying and digging through online sites and the archives for any examples like this. I did not know, and am still asking, did the Heeresflak tunics have white piping on the shoulder boards like the infantry? I would have thought it would be red as with the arti and Luft flak colors. Am I wrong, and this tunic correct? I just haven't any knowledge of Heeresflak tunics.

Robert
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The Gothic "fl" device was worn by "Fla" (Fliegerabwehr - equipped with guns of 3,7 cm caliber or less) companies organic to infantry regiments. Thus, their branch color was white. Independent Heeres-Flak (Fliegerabwehr-Kanonen) battalions, which also included larger-caliber guns, theoretically wore the winged shell device on their shoulder straps/boards. Their Waffenfarbe was the artillery's bright red. All that said, I think you've picked up a nice blouse!

Carsten Fries

Comment

I like it!

Comment

I only wish it was mine. I was a day late moving on it. It sold to someone else.

Robert

Comment

Tunic

Originally posted by LHR1 View Post
              The Gothic "fl" device was worn by "Fla" (Fliegerabwehr - equipped with guns of 3,7 cm caliber or less) companies organic to infantry regiments. Thus, their branch color was white. Independent Heeres-Flak (Fliegerabwehr-Kanonen) battalions, which also included larger-caliber guns, theoretically wore the winged shell device on their shoulder straps/boards. Their Waffenfarbe was the artillery's bright red. All that said, I think you've picked up a nice blouse!

Carsten Fries
              Beat me too it, the "heavy" Army Flak units were branched as artillery and wore red piping and red piping with the winged shell after June of 1941. These are rare boards, in addition to company size units there also were infantry Flak battalion sized units that wore this insignia. They were also used for anti-tank and anti-personel operations using 20 MM and as noted 3.7 mm guns usually self-propelled.

There is a picture of an officer wearing these somewhere in the back of the Angolia Army book . I saw this one on his website too, interesting piece and not a bad price if it is all original .

Comment

Thank you all very much for the insight. I can remember seeing the winged shell insignia, but didn't know what it was. These tunics show up very seldom I would imagine..

Robert

Comment

Tunic

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                  Thank you all very much for the insight. I can remember seeing the winged shell insignia, but didn't know what it was. These tunics show up very seldom I would imagine..

Robert
                  Did you purchase it or did someone else get it? It was listed for at least a couple weeks I think? Sometimes he leaves sold items up longer though in case they are returned.

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
                    Did you purchase it or did someone else get it? It was listed for at least a couple weeks I think? Sometimes he leaves sold items up longer though in case they are returned.
                    No, I was a day late. Someone else bought it. I was going to buy it.

Robert

Comment

I gave that one some consideration also. A nice tunic.

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
                        Beat me too it, the "heavy" Army Flak units were branched as artillery and wore red piping and red piping with the winged shell after June of 1941. These are rare boards, in addition to company size units there also were infantry Flak battalion sized units that wore this insignia. They were also used for anti-tank and anti-personel operations using 20 MM and as noted 3.7 mm guns usually self-propelled.

There is a picture of an officer wearing these somewhere in the back of the Angolia Army book . I saw this one on his website too, interesting piece and not a bad price if it is all original .
                        You and Carsten both speak of a 'winged shell' on the shoulder boards after 1941 for the heavier flak gun units. I have never seen this insignia. Does anyone have a link or photo showing this insignia? I'd be very interested in seeing it.

Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,

I believe I have a picture of the winged shell at home (I am at work now). If no one supplies a link PM me and I will send you a picture of the device.

Gary B
                          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Originally posted by Gary B View Post
                            Hi Robert,

I believe I have a picture of the winged shell at home (I am at work now). If no one supplies a link PM me and I will send you a picture of the device.

Gary B
                            Thank you Gary.

PM sent,

Robert

Comment

There is an officer's board with a metal device on the website in the Shoulder Strap article:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/unif...es/symbols.htm

There also are a series of threads that show EM boards.

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                              Thank you Gary.

PM sent,

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X