Heer tropical tunic, third model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer tropical tunic, third model

The nice tunic was on display by Robbie Farrell at the Raleigh show this weekend. IMO it represents a soldier in combat in Italy. Robbie reads the Forum every evening, and promises to join. If he doesn't join soon, Perry is going to break both his kneecaps Perry has been nagging RF to join for years now.
    Attached Files
    Esse Quam Videri

john:
    Where was the Raleigh show and how often do they hold it?
    CSP

sigpic

Comment

It's held twice a year, the first weekend in June and the first one in Jan. At the fair grounds, Joseph Kerr building..
      If I had knew that you didn't know I would have contacted you about it. It's allways a good chance for the collectors around here to get together..

Comment

All that's missing is a nice S. Italian front camo helmet It's allways a pleasure to see some of Robbie's collection at every show. He has a little of everything..

Comment

Hello Scott,

I'm very sorry you didn't know about the show. In the past several friends from Bragg always came, so I thought that it had good "press" on base. Wish I had realized this, I would have emailed you. It would have been great to spend some time takling collecting with you. As for the show, IMO you didn't miss a thing. Sometimes great pieces show up, but this one was slow, unless today was excellent.

regards,
          John
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Just to add that, despite the 'third model tropical tunic' look (with straight cut pocket flaps) the shown tunic is not an Afrikakorps model but rather a late war lightweight model tunic for hot climates. Just look at the 'up to the neck' front closure, never seen on tropical Afrikakorps tunics. Also look at the continental insignia.

Nevertheless, it remains an interesting tunic,

Mark

Comment

Mark it was never represented as a DAK tunic/set-up.

Comment

Excellent observations Mark. DAK tunics have tropical breast eagles and, unlike Luftwaffe tropical tunics, lack "hook and eye" at neck closure. IMO, the Luftwaffe tropical tunics were superior in this regard, the cold nights and sand storms would make a closeable collar desirable.

John
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Sorry, I didn't want to hurt anyone, but simply to explain the interesting variations in third Reich tropical uniforms.

John, I completely agree that LW tropical tunics were technically superior in research and design compared to Heer tunics. (Just consider the LW paratroopers tunic variation with bandoleers)

Ok, Perry, the tunic was not presented as a 'DAK tunic/set-up' … but the precision of 'third model' tunic directly associated it to DAK tunics.

Mark

Comment

I met Robbie about a year ago at the Charlotte merchandise mart gun show.I sold his son a west german belt and buckle that I showed him earlier that day.Well anyway he came up to me and thanked me for giving his son a deal on belt and buckle .We had a seat outside and he showed me his photoalbum of his amazing collection.Needless to say I was floored .What a nice guy .I think his son was eyeing my little girl at the show yesterday,well she was dressed in a 44 dot tunic with field gear and oak pattern m43 cap........

Comment

Perry..sorry I missed it. I could have been there in an hour and a half. I'll remember for next time.

I am headed to Louisville Saturday next though
                      CSP

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X