Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuff links - Wehrmacht?

Hallo!

Does anybody see such cuff links? Are they WWII period? What kind of shoulder boards are on these cuff links?

They are nice They would be a private purchase item for members of Inf Regt 20.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Is it possible that these are post war and for members of the Inf Regt 20 veterns association? To be worn at the unit's reunions etc?

Comment

They are nice, the quality is there..The secret as always lies with the marks.. Another member just posted swastika links with the same scales mark. So far it has been unidentifiable..Yours has the added benefit of maker or retailer marks on the back..

First thing to do is search out that name and see if they are still in business. Then contact them and see if they produced or imported pieces for retail during the war..
        It won't make a 100% provenance but its better than nothing and you'll feel comfortable knowing the company at least existed and could have made them wartime..

Comment

Hi G, I wonder if the scales trademark has anything to do with the Alcoso Company who made daggers etc during the Third Reich era? I realise that the mark on the cuff links lacks the lettering, but the company are still in bussiness today I think? Maybe they made other metal items?

Cheers, Ade.
          Attached Files

Comment

I would feel confident that these are a pre-war item. Those are really, really cool and I would be happy to have something like that in my collection.

Comment

Thanks everybody!

And what can be the good price for such items?

Comment

Hello,

The cuff links are marked DRP (Deutches Reich Patent) and as far as I am aware this would signify pre 1945 manufacture.

Thank you,

Mark.

Comment

Hi Ade,,yes we had discussed the Alcosco possibility with the swastika links. The other possibility could be a wartime Norwegian jeweler that exported to Germany..
                  The swas. links only had the scale mark,,this pair could put a maker to the mark IF it checks out...,G.

Comment

Here is a bit of info about IR20:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...enter/IR20.htm

Rough English translation:

Set up at the 1. January 1921 as 20th (Bavarian.) Infantry regiment. On 1st October 1934 renamed Infantry regiment Regensburg and the 10th Infantry Divison subordinates and to 15th October 1935 in infantry regiment 20 with location Regensburg, renamed. III. Battalion developed only during the mobilization. 25th October 1940 became the covered parts to the 134th Infantry division delivered and the regiment up to 15th November 1940 motorizes. On 15th October 1942 renamed Infantry regiment 20 (motorised)

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by MeinhardcFJR2 View Post
                      Hello,

The cuff links are marked DRP (Deutches Reich Patent) and as far as I am aware this would signify pre 1945 manufacture.

Thank you,

Mark.
                      Correct: Pre-1945, that mark was never used after the War. I would guess they are from the late 1930s, look like a prewar item in quality etc. The stopped making things like this after the War started going sour.

Very nice little items. I have never seen links like this before.

IMO the badge in made in Dresden with the mounting hardware bearing the Alpaca mark is premanufactured. "Erina" is the firm name I would guess.
                      Last edited by Johnny R; 09-01-2007, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Mark

Yes, you are right, I looked at the post not carefully at the photo. That is the Firm name on top, the trademark info is provide with Ges. Gesch on the bottom. I still think they are prewar, I doubt they were not making stuff like this in DDR.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X