Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzergrenadier Tunic Late War

Hello Fellow Members,

Here is a Panzergrenadier tunic that I need some help with. The tunic only has one stamp which is the number 50. It has split ring buttons marked JFS. It has glass buttons on the sleves and collar. It is a HBT. I have included many pictures, but if I do not have a particular one, I can provide more.

Thanks to any and all information,
    Eric
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Heer Flak; 05-29-2003, 09:32 PM.
    I once flew in a B-17, B-24, & a B-25. Next, I want to fire an 88 round.

Pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

Pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

Pic 5
          Attached Files

Comment

Pic 6
            Attached Files

Comment

Pic 7
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Eric,

This is a hard one ...

Definitly not an issued tunic. This seems to be of a private manufacture, if it is genuine WW2 German ...
                One has to feel these tunics and check the stitching and manufacturing to see if this meets the standards. Also look for wear that runs UNDER the insignia, this should not be present. The Schulterklappen seem Ok from these pictures.

Could be a nice tunic, but have to see it in person. As with everything in this hobby, you have to be confident with it

Bart

Comment

hello !!!
                  I am not an expert.. but pockets and collar are kinda Kregsmarine style also color...
                  I don't like the way eagle is attached- don't look like pre 1945 hand sewing..

All the best.. Mike

Comment

I cannot say much about it but HBT looks correct.

Comment

It looks very confused to me.. I don't like the undersite of the Collar.
                      And the Eagle looks not so good how it is on the Tunic.
                      My opion.

Comment

Hello Eric,
                        I think from memory I have seen these before on ebay....very rarely but I believe it is some post war Czech tunic that because of it's similarity to a German one has made it a target for fakers. The elasticated cuff is something found only on garments like the paratroop smock and not on regular garments....and whilst the style is similar to an M44 short tunic it's not the same...especially having a covered fly front but with pebbled buttons...and not flat regular buttons....stuff like that.

I would be wary of this...there will always be questions on it and it certainly does not fit the bill as far as any style of tunic I know of.

Hope that helps! Cheers, Wade K.

Comment

Post War Tunic

Oh how it hurts! Well, it looks like I am the owner of a nice post war tunic now. Thank you Wade for the info on the HBT. Another hard lesson learned in life.moremad Also, thank you to all who made a contribution to the thread.
                          Thanks again,
                          Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,
                            sorry if this is the case. I am not infallable, so show it around a little and ask....but I am fairly sure this is the case.

Cheers, Wade.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer
                              Hope that helps! Cheers, Wade K.
                              Hello Wade,
                              You have helped me once with a SS-M36 tunic. Thanx again.
                              I am just wondering, are you Wade Krawczyk, the author of the "German Army Uniforms of WW2" book?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X