Take a look at the auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look at the auction

This one should be good. Take a look at the bidder list. Tell me all these ebay ID's are not the same person. A fool and his money will soon part.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW-II-German-Afr...QQcmdZViewItem

I found a similar listing where only the first and last letter of the bidder's name is shown. Must be some kinda setting that a seller can create to keep others from contacting the bidders about the item for sell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-GERMAN-...QQcmdZViewItem

You can't even click on the bidders feedback to view them. Very strange ... but good for business I guess.

Funny how thinks work in the ebay world now.

Comment

Click his ID and it says 40% of his bit activity is with this seller. Another shill bidder.

Comment

Look at this too:

http://cgi.ebay.it/GERMAN-HELMET-BID...QQcmdZViewItem

Luca
        Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

What percent of bid would generally constitute shill bidding? And in these cases, is it best to let eBay know if you've already bid on something? I never knew those stats existed until you brought it to my attention.

Comment

DAK lot

I contacted the guy with the DAK lot and asked for detailed pictures when it started. He never got back to me. One thing I know is true is that he was not stealing and mailing field gear back to Germany from North Africa, especially towards the end of the campaign.

Then there is the whole spiel about hiding everything from the communists in a potato shed etc. By the end of his email my boots were so stuck in bull crap and I couldn't move.

The tunic has police collar tabs on it.

I am sure he will get a bunch of money for it. Ebay is silly.

Comment

The uniform was worn into captivity in the Texas and Oklahoma, USA. The equipment was mailed back to his family from Africa to Germany one piece at a time and was hidden in East Germany from the communists. All equipment is in serviceable condition and can still be used today. The uniform was worn into captivity by the soldier and the equipment was mailed home to his family one piece at a time prior to the surrender of the Africa Corps. After the war, all items were hidden at great personal risk to the veteran until the fall of the Berlin Wall reunited Germany in the early 1990s. Others in his area that were found with military items were immediatly arrested and sent east to the communist Gulags in Russia and never returned.

this is the bigest bunch of BS i ever heard first of all you dont mail your equipment home prior to surrender makes no sence
              Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X