Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this eBay tunic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=008

Not much to go on. What do you guys think?

You're right, not much to go on. Just my opinion here but unless you're into collecting captured tunics (which I can only assume this is based on the non-standard design [lack o' pocket bag at the breast]) I'd say pass on it. There's no telling what the rest of the tunic looks like and I don't see a return privilege. Figure with a few hundred views on it somebody will snipe so you may be into some weird non-standard tunic for $500+. Not knowing what you collect I think you could find a textbook example of something that you won't look at and ask "why did I buy this"? I thought I had pics of KM Coastal Artillery troops wearing a jacket similar to this, but couldn't find them. Without knowing what the rest of the stamp had at the left side I can't tell what it is (except it was approved for issue in '39)

Comment

I wasn't looking to buy it, so much as I was cuerious what you guys thought it was. I think that what you said seems right, but I think theres a good chance that it is some sort of East/West german alturation perhaps.

If there was more time left on the auction I'd ask the seller for more pics just because.

Comment

Tunic

The tunic is real but is a POS. I asked for pictures. It has internal pockets and all kinds of weird features, all the insignia is bad. Let some one else buy this "treasure"

Comment

Somebody spent $467 for it, wow.

Comment

Tunic

It was garbage, no loss there at all only to the guy that bought it. I think he listed this before with a stupid reserve and could not sell it. The German stuff he lists all has problems.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X