BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue and brown DAK Cufftitle from vet, value ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jens, i've just had a look in the book 'German Military cuffbands, 1784-present', by Gordon Williamson.There are 2 award documents pictured that are identical to yours even being signed by the same Major, so that document of yours shows good potential. The signature looks good too, and the ink stamp is the same.
    However, the book states the cuffband itself is usually made of camelhair cloth, and to quote ''very little in the way of variants exist for this particular band''. This is on page 51. So, from my own experience, and evident from this book, yours certainly isn't made from camelhair so is beyond my experience, although i would be interested to hear if anybody else thinks this variation might be wartime issue. Regards, Mark.

Comment

Thanks for taking your time Mark,
      As I said, my knowledge is very limited on this type of CT, I have also only examined the Camelhair version, but I can only go by the vet and his story, but this is first hand story and not made up.

By the way, I just had a look at the Detlev Nieman catalog and he also lists a Afrika CT in "Leinen Tuch" beside the Afrika CT in Camelhair.
      Anyone has the catalog handy ?

My best,

Jens

Comment

Its nice to be able to get things straight from the vet. You should go t his house with a tape recorder one day, and tape a few hours of his DAK experiences. It is well worth the time to do that, trust me, especialy when you have items that belonged to that exact vet.

JL

Comment

Hi JL; you are so right, and sometimes if the moment is right I do this. Not much years and they all will be gone.

By the way, you do a great work with your projects, my respect

Jens

Comment

Just focusing on the brown one..
            The Leinen Tuch brown one shows some features I like..., compared to Leinen fakes I've seen this one is quite different and much better, as a matter of speaking... I do like the material etc..
            I think its material is pretty close to a "shaved" camel hair one, plus I also like the weaving of the letters..
            Just my opinion..

Jos.
            Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 08-31-2007, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Hi Jens, I have no problems with either of the cuff titles shown. Both look fine to me.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks to all for your contribution guys.

Bests Jens

Comment

yes, the afrika cufftitle varation you have here is probably good.
                  I have seen others without the camel hair myself. It would appear they did exist.
                  However it is not the standard variety and will therfore be difficult to sell for the going rate.

The normal price for a came hair variety is approx. 200 Euro.
                  The luft is cut down so I think about 150-200 Euro
                  The citiation is in poor condition, so I think about 75-100 Euro.

The Luft cuff looks good, but the fakes of these are very hard to distinguish.
                  Last edited by milcollector; 09-01-2007, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X