CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue and brown DAK Cufftitle from vet, value ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue and brown DAK Cufftitle from vet, value ?

Hi all,

I just got this very small DAK lot directly from a vet the other week. He hide it all away in his garage over the years.
    Siegfried is still alive and told me some great storys about his DAK experiences.
    Unfortunatly the doc and the 2 Ct´s are quite salty, anyway, this is how I like the stuff. His pics are nothing special, but it is like it is.

I wanted to know the value of the Ct´s for a possible sale.

Many thanks Jens
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry Jens, but IMO neither cuff title is an original. The tan one with palms isn't even made of the correct material. And what part of the DAK was this guy in? The blue one is Luftwaffe and the tan 1 is for any member of the armed forces who served in N.Africa. I have heard that some of these cuffs were post-war re-issued to members who had lost their originals and I am not trying to fault anyone for their service but, these cuffs don't hold much value from a collectable point.

Comment

Hi Jens, I guess I could answer my own question if I payed closer attention. The document is a Luftwaffe award. My best regards to Sigfried.

Comment

Hi Siegfried,

many thanks for your info. Strange, the group was a direct vet purchase and I all was stored away since the war. Over here in East Germany the vets didnt had acess to post war decoration and I also know for a fact that this vet didnt attend any veteran meeting or something like that.

I did some research on the tan CT and you are right, its made of different cloth then the common ones, but what is wrong with the blue CT ?

Bests Jens

Comment

The blue Luftwaffe issue one looks ok to me, but i agree about the tan one, materials aren't what i'm used to seeing and the palm trees are different too. Mark.

Comment

The thing is I got it for a gift from the vet directly and he even told me how he did removed the blue one from his uniform. He also told me that he got the tan one together with the document.
                              So is there a chance that the tan one might be a period variant ?

I can asure you that this guy had no acess to any kind of post war stuff for 40 years of DDR period, of course, there is time after that, but why should he lie to me ?

Pease dont get me wrong, Iam no CT expert and Iam just learning, I just want to be sure as it came directly from the vet.

Many thanks Jens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X