opinions on NCO infantry straps please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions on NCO infantry straps please

hey Guys, Glenn here. I just received a pair of Heer infantry Feldwebl shoulder straps and would like some opinions on them as I know repros are just way to good (and common) now a days. Ill just go with what I am seeing/feeling. first off, I have 2 good sets of lower EM infantry straps that I did some comparing with. the NCO straps are pretty much per say identical in construction and size as my 2 EM straps. the piping although brighter is exactly the same in size and "ribbing". the overall construction of them is very good and I do beleive the tress to be original tress. the thing that worries me is that the tress and the stitching thru out them appears to be the same. (atleast in color) when held up at the end they dont have as much bend as my EMs but I think that is because the tress is reinforcing them. the wool on the face is "hairy' like my other 2 sets but the reverse wool is non hairy where as there is hair on my other 2 sets on the reverse. you can also see a very slight parallel weave running at a 45 degree angle on the wool backing. they are definitely more rigid overall then my other 2 sets as those were definitely issued. if these are real then I am assuming they are a warehouse find or were on a walking out tunic because of their clean, "starched" feel. the underside where the tress is sewn down is puffed out. I really dont know what to think here Guys. please let me know your thoughts, good or bad as I do have an inspection period on them and dont wish to own any repro/altered stuff. thanks in advance. Glenn
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

NCO held up
          Attached Files

Comment

lower EM held up for comparison
            Attached Files

Comment

comparison of all 3 together. NCO is in the middle.
              Attached Files

Comment

again the NCO is in the middle.
                Attached Files

Comment

close up.
                  Attached Files

Comment

another view.
                    Attached Files

Comment

piping
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last one, please let me know if you need any other specific pics. thanks, Glenn
                          Attached Files

Comment

Boards

Look good to me, nice pair, I like the later war tress. I have almost an identical pair.

Comment

Nice set Glenn,
                              I'd think it was time to give up collecting if these turned out to be bogus!
                              Best Regards,
                              Mark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X