Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniform for review

What do you guys think? Good or bad?

Looks like a god one to me... very salty..

Could we see a piture of the shoulder straps??

Kind regards
    Jens

Comment

I like it to, looks like a mid-war production of the M40 tunic. Place a nice used bevo eagel and tabs on it and you will have a nice combat tunic. Altough I would like to see the tabs also...
      http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, don't have a pic of the tabs, but they are grey-green, and piped for artillery
        Last edited by Horrido!; 08-29-2007, 06:43 AM.

Comment

I'm a little confused about the branch of service for this tunic. Is it Heer, because it has 3 belt support hook holes? Or, is this tunic correct for both Heer and WSS? I ask because I believe I recall seeing pictures of WSS soldaten wearing M40s with no belt or equipment with 3 belt support hook holes. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

It could have been for either Heer or Waffen-SS. The SS never completely got away from using stock of Heer unforms as well as their own.

Don

Comment

Tunic

Is this the "strait" one that is on American Ebay now?

It is real unless some one put an old Janke in a blender.

Most likely POW worn hence the extensive repairs and wear beyond what even would be seen on a combat tunic.

Comment

Are the shoulder straps sewn in??

Kind regards
                Jens

Comment

Combat worn examples of these M40,41 and 42 tunics are extremely hard to find....they simply did not survive the war and if they did they were so trashed they got discarded.

Unlike the pre-war and very eary war by late 40 and 41, soldiers were not buying and putting back many best dress tunics ( not talking about officers and NCO's here) my experience most every one of the above three types were either issued and worn out or a few were bought as better dress tunics and most always had the dark green collar top added.....very hard to find these un-modified in any condition and combat worn example even more so.

Comment

How much is a tunic like this worth? I would like to get a combat worn M40 that a local dealer has. Just want to make sure I'm getting a fair price. It's just a standard Heer M40 with no eagle, but litzen and shoulder boards. Any idea on a value? Thanks again.

Comment

Value

It is hard to say without seeing the tunic. Uniforms like that are on Ebay fairly often but sell for very different prices. The pictures are not very good and that usually, mind you usually, means the tunic will sell for less than it is worth. I would think as long as it is not totally trashed and it is not riddled with holes. 600 USD or so is not terrible. It could go for much higher though if some convinces themselves that this was worn at Stalingrad based on the condition.

The tunic is damaged and repaired, it was used. Some of the wear may indeed by from the War. That said, WWII uniforms were worn long after the War in POW camps and by civilians well into the 50s and beyond.

I saw a German farmer wearing WWII boots in 1987, I am sure the boots complete with pig crap and mud from the 80s are on a shrine in someones collection now. The damage to it does not mean it is from combat etc. What you are buying is a heavily used, original tunic. Keep that in mind when buying "battleworn" garments.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=009
                        insane
                        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Looks to be Russian ink stamp(s) on picture #6 ??? Nice and original tunic, if in rough shape.

As for worth? I would just caution that rarity aside, as a evidently field worn tunic that has survived a lot, should you want to resell it down the road you may find that it has too much salt for the taste of would-be buyers.

Just be sure that YOU like it Horrido, that's the bottom line IMO.

Comment

Tunic

That is Ebay for you . It will be an SS tunic or overseas caps in three weeks. Somebody has big plans for it. Probably got all that wear from 50 years of gardening in Bavaria.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Brown View Post
                              Looks to be Russian ink stamp(s) on picture #6 ??? Nice and original tunic, if in rough shape.

As for worth? I would just caution that rarity aside, as a evidently field worn tunic that has survived a lot, should you want to resell it down the road you may find that it has too much salt for the taste of would-be buyers.

Just be sure that YOU like it Horrido, that's the bottom line IMO.
                              That is Ebay for you . It will be an SS tunic or overseas caps in three weeks. Somebody has big plans for it. Probably got all that wear from 50 years of gardening in Bavaria.
                              for a few more bucks you could get e nice one with original insignia
                              Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X