Armband found at boot sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armband found at boot sale

Hi, would appreciate any information on attached photos of an armband that I bought this morning at my local carboot sale along with the British soldiers details/telegrams etc and medals, he had only served in North Africa and was not demobbed from there until mid 1945.
    Attached Files

armband

armband reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me.
      Regards,
      Gary

Comment

definitely a good one. nice heavy multi piece construction. to bad the tags worn off but still a great issued example you have there. Glenn

Comment

No real mothing either....bonus!!!!! The moths love these nice thick wool construction bands. Mark.

Comment

armband

Thanks for the replies gentlemen, what organisation would it have been issued to ?
            Regards Gary

Comment

Gary, it could have been issued to a whole host of organisations with Nazi Party affiliations.....RAD, NSKK, SA or any member of the Nazi Party, etc. Mark.

Comment

Very nice! That band just screams 'original'.

As a point of interest, the Imperial War Museum has one identical to that (wrongly) attached to an Allgemeine-SS uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by garys39 View Post
                  Thanks for the replies gentlemen, what organisation would it have been issued to ?
                  Regards Gary
                  looks like a regular run of the mill NSDAP band

Comment

Boot sale

You have to translate that for us Yanks! A boot sale is a garage or estate sale.

When I was younger I used to hear that and I always wondered why lots of people in the UK were selling German Militaria at a shoe sales.

Nice 100% armband.

Comment

I also have that style armband with an SS RZM tag, No one seems to know why they did it, but they did. Most collectors call it the greatcoat armband.
                      http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X