Luftwaffe Tropical Straight Legged Trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Tropical Straight Legged Trousers

First time I have seen something like this: Luftwaffe tropical trousers with straight legs and no thigh pocket. Interesting in that the photo was taken in Germany. It has "Muenchen" (in German) written on the back and store on the right has "Metzge..." sign. So probably is a butcher shop. Note European shoulder straps worn on most of the guys in the pic. So how common were these trousers?

I think quite common those days, have seen quite a few in pics showing flightmembers..
    The straight leg trop.design probably made it a nice pair to wear after war, so almost all are gone..

Nice pic !

Jos.

Comment

Great photo! I have never seen an original pair. Jos is correct, uniform items such as that would have been worn after the war by whomever was lucky to have or find a pair.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Both original pairs I have seen that were made without the thigh pocket, were both gathered at the bottom like the standard Luft trop pants. So.. there are 3 variations in style, I guess.

Gerard

Comment

Hello, Here is one pair for reference. Straight cut leg, and alu belt buckle. Produced in 1940!
          Daniele

Originally posted by Gerard/Relic Hunter View Post
          Both original pairs I have seen that were made without the thigh pocket, were both gathered at the bottom like the standard Luft trop pants. So.. there are 3 variations in style, I guess.

Gerard
          Attached Files

Comment

detail
            Attached Files

Comment

P.S. As far as you know, what is the earliest date of issue / manifacture of the "ordinary" Lw tropical pants, WITH pocket?
              Daniele

Comment

Very nice Daniele!

The earliest I have seen the standard pocket type was dated 1941. But, have seen trop tunics and caps dated as early as 1940.
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Another.
                  Attached Files
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Detail.
                    Attached Files
                    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X