Always look in the pockets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always look in the pockets!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.I was looking at some of my collection and found this in the pocket of one of my uniforms and wondered if anyone had seen anything like it and is it from the Brit or US goverment,many thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Yes I have but this one looks like a photo copy and the ones I see look like this. Sorry for the pic it is a bad shot.
    Attached Files

Comment

Commonly referred to as "capture papers" giving the U.S. soldier permission to take or ship home a souvenir. As stated, this appears to be a copy probably placed in the pocket by the "first" collector of the piece to preserve it's history... Nice find!

Comment

What did that come out of mark? Cool!

Best,

Pete

Comment

Nice find Mark! My lastest pocket find was a cotton hanky, which was a bit 'stuck together'.

Comment

Document

Mark:

That is US Army as it is worded following the specific requirements "no training value etc." for the item to be taken home. It is a modern photocopy of the original document. I have one for a "German Ski jacket" a trench knife, and several for firearms.

Comment

Hi Guys,Thanks for the help on that one and yes I think that it is a copy too and maybe the real one went with the other jacket.Stupid really it was in the pocket of a mint tan-water reversible that I have had for ages just never looked,so went through my other tunics but no other stuff except maybe some dirt.

Comment

Pockets

I have also found things in the french cuffs of officer's tunics and have heard of items sewn into the lining of uniforms. I knew Hans Sturm who was in a Soviet POW camp until 1954. He was an RKT and hid his cross inside clothing lining until the early 1950's until it was finally found by Russian guards during a search.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X