Army flak tunic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army flak tunic question

I have to admit I have very little knowledge of TR tunics. If I might ask, what units were allowed to wear the Heer flak badge? I have seen primarily the Heer flak badge on SS tunics in photographs. Were the Heer artillery units also awarded the badge? I'm wanting to build a display around a Heer flak badge, and am confused as to which tunic to search for. I would appreciate any help, even photos of tunics with the Heer flak badges.

Thanks,
    Robert

Hi Robert,

Depending on what stage of the war you are thinking about, you could put a heer flak badge on any heer Arty tunic. If you want to build on a specific ADA unit/Reg or battery I would have to look that up.

Steve

Comment

Hiya Steve,

Thanks. Searching through the archives I'm finding a lot of SS units wearing the flak badge, even some mentioned wearing a Luftwaffe flak badge. I'll probably find the same looking under the uniform forum too for arti units. I'm just curious who primarily wore the badge, Heer arti or SS.

Robert

Comment

Steve, one more question if I may. Did the arti field tunics have a black shoulder board, red piping like the Luftwaffe for flak, or were they dark green? Any certain color of piping on the shoulder board, red?

Robert

Comment

Hi Rob,

For early war the M36 bottle green with Arty red will do. Pictured is a early M36 tunic with the M35/36 shoulder straps pointed. I hope his helps.

Or you could use the M36 rounded style.

Steve

Comment

Rob,

also, you could just have standard fieldgrey shoulder straps for M40 and beyond. Here is a M40 which I placed m40 (Panzer) straps on. The slip tabs are Arty though.

Steve

Comment

Wow Steve
              That GJ M40 is very nice
              Sorry,I could not resist
              Ace

Comment

Thanks Ace!

Regards Steve

Comment

Steve, good solid explanation, spot on. Nice tunics. Jacques

Comment

Steve,

Thank you. You've been very helpful. I'm just learning these different tunics, and find them very interesting and complexing. Your photographs are greatly appreciated. I'll be searching the various forums/sites for a good example.

Thank you

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X