m36 question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m36 question??

Has anyone seen a m36 tunic with 6 buttons before??

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H068157.html

Kind regards
    Jens

It is actually an M41 with added green collar.

Comment

Yup! M41 with up-grade green collar. Typical NCO thing to do.

Steve

Comment

Thanks guys, for your fast replies..

Kind regards
        Jens

Comment

Its also been shortened & the lower pockets moved up...also a common NCO affectation.

Nice tunic, but she isn't cheap, is she?

Paul

Comment

Nice tunic! I own one similar with the same makermark and lining, and also a green added collar.
            http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Retailored Feldbluse 1933 modified 1941.
              interesting feature : markings are positioned like on Luftwaffe tunics

Comment

Hi

It look like they used a "Dutch" cloth for the liner. The wool is not "Dutch".

Juan

Comment

I've heard of an M36 tunic; an M40; 42; 43 and 44... What the heck is an M41 variation?

Comment

The sixth button John !

Amitiés

Laurent

Comment

Originally posted by John Huff View Post
                      I've heard of an M36 tunic; an M40; 42; 43 and 44... What the heck is an M41 variation?
                      Yep, a M41 is a M40 with the sixth button. They started to appear in 1941 hence M41. You got to love the collector designations.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                        Yep, a M41 is a M40 with the sixth button. They started to appear in 1941 hence M41. You got to love the collector designations.
                        Yup, we collectors are obsessed with categorization where none officially existed. Five button, six button, pleats or no pleats...to the Wehrmacht, these were simply "Feldblusen".

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul McKee View Post
                          Yup, we collectors are obsessed with categorization where none officially existed. Five button, six button, pleats or no pleats...to the Wehrmacht, these were simply "Feldblusen".

Paul
                          I can see it now, a German soldier standing in line getting his issue clothing. “Hey, what the hell is this? It looks like a M42. I specifically said I wanted a M40! If I wanted pockets with no pleats I would have said M42! Damm get it right brother.”

Comment

The soldier didn't care what issue he was given as it has been said a feldblus is a feldblus. Nco's and Officers if they had the money could have their tunics altered but they still had to be approved by the unit quartermaster

Comment

Originally posted by Paul McKee View Post
                              Hello Paul,
                              I'm afraid that i have to disagree with you a little bit. I believe that for a part of the german soldiers serving in the Heer, a Feldbluse was just a Feldbluse, but there was another part of these troops which were involved in a process of beautification, to make the Feldbluse more attractive. It started with walking-out Feldblusen, then it came to field garments. Dark green collar, retailoring, early Litzen, early shoulderstraps, private purchased embroidered breast eagles, all these coloured insignia which reminded the good old years, before the war and the first victories. Also a good way to look like an Alte Grenadier.

I also disagree with you on another point.
                              five or six buttons is not the point here, in this case it goes farther. the Feldbluse 1933 modified 1940 and the Feldbluse 1933 modified 1941 are IMO totally different.
                              For the Feldbluse 33/41 :
                              - sixth button (official text : HM 41 Nr 558 of may 26th, 1941)
                              - change of construction for the lower pockets (following the design of the tropical Feldbluse)
                              - introduction of first ersatz lining (ex: rayon..)
                              - first real rupture about the Feldgrau color adopted in 1910 (accepted in 1907)

IMO that's not just a question of collector categorization...
                              cheers
                              JPhilip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X