No announcement yet.

Tunic of Generalmajor Hans Leistikow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You absolutely right! These are definitely traces of lower-than-general-collar-tabs.
    When Hans Leistikow was promoted to Generalmajor rank, before or after July 2, 1943? It looks like that the tunic was initially made for a lower rank (colonel -) and then (possibly period) updated to general.

Comment

It's on his career history in the first post

I see there's loops on the right breastpocket. He didn't get either of the DKs so perhaps he served in Spain?
      Last edited by Simon O.; 08-03-2007, 04:37 PM.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Nothing like having a general's tunic... I can only imagine. (sigh)

A first rate tunic AB, just awesome to look at.

Comment

I agree, there is really something special in Generals tunics. I just love that bluish hue wool with red and gold insignia, ..not to mention how important those guys were on the front.

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
            Looks to me that at one time there was lower rank tabs on this tunic you can see the holes left after the junior tabs were removed on the underside of the collar
            That is correct. The tunic is dated 2. july 43 but he was promoted to Gen.major on 1.Oct 44 therefore he had this tunic made up to that rank.

AB.
            Last edited by andrewb; 08-03-2007, 08:23 PM. Reason: correction
            In memory of my Uncle,
            Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
            2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
            Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Thanks for your comments guys.
              It is my only tunic and it cost me an arm and a leg but your right. There is something special about them. Even more so if named.

Regards,
              AB.
              In memory of my Uncle,

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
                It's on his career history in the first post

I see there's loops on the right breastpocket. He didn't get either of the DKs so perhaps he served in Spain?
                Hi Simon,
                For the life of me i've searched everywhere and i can't find his awards but not to worry. Maybe one day i'll run into it somewhere.

Regards,
                AB.
                In memory of my Uncle,

Comment

Well he is amongst the more obscure general rank officers. A bit odd that he spent so long without an assignment, he wasn't exactly old for that rank, even being promoted to General rank whilst on the Führer reserve.

you could always contact the WASt for more details.

http://dd-wast.javabase.de/
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
                    Well he is amongst the more obscure general rank officers. A bit odd that he spent so long without an assignment, he wasn't exactly old for that rank, even being promoted to General rank whilst on the Führer reserve.

you could always contact the WASt for more details.

http://dd-wast.javabase.de/
                    Obscure is right Simon. I've been searching for 3 years just for a photo of him. I even bought the book "DIE GENERALE DES HEERES 1921-1945" K to L from DN for $100 thinking that it MUST have a photo. Guess what??? He's in there but
                    NO PHOTO!!

Thanks for that link but I tried to search for someone a few years ago using them and got a reply back saying if your not related to the person then you cannot conduct a search. I did use it for my uncle and got 3 pages back on him. What the heck, I'll try it anyway.

Thanks again.

AB.
                    In memory of my Uncle,

Comment

Most of his assignements were as a staff officer/General.Nearly all of his field grade time spent in non troop units.

The tunic has a nice M36 look to it! I love the color. The previous tabs look too long to be regular company/field grade officer litzen.

Steve

Comment

Are there two rows of loops above the left pocket for awards?

Comment

I did come across a German website last year on Generalmajors which listed him. It states that he is the winner of Ritterkreuz of KGL Hausordens V. and Hohenzollern mit schwerten. No idea what the hell that is but I'm sure its not a TR award.

AB.
                          In memory of my Uncle,

Comment

Got some info sent to me on Leistikow. Makes him sound like a tough soldier but I think most of his duties were well away from the front line. Maybe a campaign award or 2.

AB.
                            Attached Files
                            In memory of my Uncle,

Comment

Sorry wrong one. (half asleep still) This is the new info i got via e-mail.
                              P.S. I think this should now be posted on the research section so I won't go on about his movements here anymore.
                              AB.
                              Attached Files
                              In memory of my Uncle,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X