Question re. M1940 EM straps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question re. M1940 EM straps...

These M40 cavalry EM straps don't conform to the regulation pattern (softer field gray wool, badge-cloth piping, brownish reinforcement material on buttoning straps, etc.). I have a few ideas about them, but any qualified feedback would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Carsten Fries
    Attached Files

BTT - Anyone?

Comment

Hello Carsten,
      Usually i hardly believe in M40 shoulderstraps with wool piping but i'm far from being an expert.
      ciao!

Comment

I agree, typically they dont have wool piping. rayon about this time. you dont show the underside of the other strap. I hope it doesnt have the same "scraped together" piece in the same area does it? typically the zig zag stitching is wider too, this one is a tight zig zag. but on the other hand they do look pretty good overall and it seems like there is "button divits" from long term application. these might just be later M36 produced pieces as the tongues are pointed instead of round as with M40's. do an advanced search on straps with pieced together backings. Im sure theres plenty in the archives. Im surprised no one else commented on these, must all be enjoying the summer. if no one replys I would hang on to them till fall time when more members are active in the forum. summers got everybody doing their thing. Glenn

Comment

I don't care for those straps. Normally I like to see the piping in rayon and with the ends tucked in. As pointed out the zig-zag is to tight. The button hole seems to small as well. I have seen boards with these features before but I just don't like to lookof them IMHO.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for the input! I'll post them again at a later date...

CF

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X