Kampfgruppe

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WH Smock in sumptarn patern - opinion please !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WH Smock in sumptarn patern - opinion please !!

guys please tell what do you think about this WH smock in sumpftarn patern without hood ?? Is it original ?? It has some RB nr markings and some Czech army depot stamps. what do you think ??

well know fake,but I have never seen that its now with czech army depot stamp.
    so the are always better

Comment

A fake made from original wartime metrum left in large quantities in Czech Rep.
      Petr.

Comment

Originally posted by Petr View Post
        A fake made from original wartime metrum left in large quantities in Czech Rep.
        Petr.
        are you sure this hbt cloth is real?

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
          are you sure this hbt cloth is real?
          Same as used here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=222069

Comment

This smock was for sale here in Czech Rep. some weeks ago in one czech auction net sales.I have pieces of this cloth brought home from military service in Czech army in 60´ years.There were a quite large quantities of it in some garnisons left from war.At first look I say the cloth HBT of this smock is an original one when compared to my cloth.I believe somewhere were discovered these rolls of this cloth here, therefore we see various fakes now.
            Petr.

Comment

I heard 400 m !!! from that original sumpftarn fabric appeard in czech republic . So beware of
              "sumpf" uniformparts more than ever before.

Comment

reports that one was recently bought in berlin for 400 euros...same as pictured, no laces, but good hbt and print, burnt honey coloured thread. no wrist buttons.

Comment

does that mean the material is original wermacht, but the smock mad ein czec today? who makes these smocks. i am thinking of buying it as it is a GOOD fake. please advise maximum price to pay for these.

Comment

It is still for sale on czech auction ,nobody is interested, I guess as I said before it is fake made from metrum HBT cloth found there....
                    best Petr

Comment

Have a look: http://www.aukro.cz/item251170572_lw...olni_div_.html
                      starting price is about 460 dollars..

Comment

I agree that the smocks a fake.However I'm not so sure the material is even wartime. Sure reminds me of the stuff the 1st pattern splinter smocks are made from. In fact the whole construction of the smock is similar.

Is the material HBT? I've personally never seen a marsh pattern smock from HBT, so I don't have a point of reference.

I also don't like the actual pattern of the camo. Just doesn't seem right to me. Maybe its just my eyes playing tricks on me.

I know 400m of cloth sounds like a lot but just how many 3 pocket anoraks, smocks and LWFD jackets can they make from this single find?

I don't go to any of the big shows anymore so I'm not familar with all the new fakes out there. So I apologize for all the questions.

WR Jim

Comment

what does metrum mean??

i guess experience rather than scientific evidence tells people hbt water wasnt in smock form by april 45.

im just curious and fascinated how there is so much confidence against hbt water smocks without hoods, when they seem so alike hbt drillich cloth from the reed green uniforms.

but please, is metrum the name of original wermacht hbt camo material, or what. id love to know its meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by corporalSteiner View Post
                            what does metrum mean??

i guess experience rather than scientific evidence tells people hbt water wasnt in smock form by april 45.

im just curious and fascinated how there is so much confidence against hbt water smocks without hoods, when they seem so alike hbt drillich cloth from the reed green uniforms.

but please, is metrum the name of original wermacht hbt camo material, or what. id love to know its meaning.
                            Metrum=metreage=metrical.It was ment a roll of many metres of cloth..I found it like this in my dictionary...
                            Best Petr.

Comment

Originally posted by corporalSteiner View Post
                              what does metrum mean??

I won't say that Heer sumpfmuster smocks were never made from HBT material. I've just never seen one.I also looked at the books by Borsarello, Peterson and Palinckx and they don't show one in HBT either. The only item of Heer clothing (tunics, smocks, anoraks, parkas) I've seen in HBT sumpfmuster was a M44 Tunic shown in Petersons book. Of course that tunic would be controversial. But the overall look of the cloth on that tunic is different from the smock shown.

WR Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X