• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Well.. to my untrained eye it they look consistent..

Comment

Well Jens,
          Looking closely at the tabs, the stitch of the tab, matches
          exactly with the zig zig stitch on the collar support.

Plus the tab you have illustrated, shows slight surface moth grazing, the
          makers have not mamaged to train moths yet.
          The wire wool trick gives a different effect.

I would have expected a more srruced up rank if meant to deceice.
          Can a few more experts pipe in please, it gives me that warm feeling
          for what it worth.

Cheers,
          John.

Comment

Actually the the tab stitching is a little tighter than the collar support.. also the thread seems a bit lighter..

Originally posted by JOHN JONES View Post
            Well Jens,
            Looking closely at the tabs, the stitch of the tab, matches
            exactly with the zig zig stitch on the collar support.

Plus the tab you have illustrated, shows slight surface moth grazing, the
            makers have not mamaged to train moths yet.
            The wire wool trick gives a different effect.

I would have expected a more srruced up rank if meant to deceice.
            Can a few more experts pipe in please, it gives me that warm feeling
            for what it worth.

Cheers,
            John.

Comment

I dont see anything wrong with the tunic. I would like to have it in my collection.

Paul

Comment

The eagle looks to be factory applied as do the tabs. I don't have any real issues with the tunic. I hands on inspection would solve any controversy. If you have any doubts about the tunic you could just give the tunic to me to solve any dilemma you may have about it.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ciavaglia View Post
                  Put Togheter!
                  Please explain the reasons behind your assessment?

Where are all of the "old hands" in this thread?

Paul
                  Last edited by PaulR; 08-02-2007, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Put Togheter!
                    For crying out loud,
                    You scream, Put together.... well explain it to us.
                    this kind of posting doen't make any sence. You scream out here, talk you **** there. That doesn't help anyone, does it.

THINK BEFORE YOU POST, ALEX CIAVAGINA !!

From the pictures i see, I can tell you this one hell of a uniform.
                    I would go for it !

Greetings and waiting for an explanation from alex whitch we wont get I think !

Niels

Comment

1)The numbers on the lining was stamped by some museum in the former Soviet Union and i never have seen a tunic with those numbers came out with complethely original sewed insigna.
                      2) If you look around there are more Hermann Goering tunics than the real number of the soldier of that Regiment... and put on two fake collar tabs on a nice tunic is not so complicated.

A "Hermann Goering" collar tabs original mounted on a Fliegerbluse who cames out from the former Soviet Union...please don't make me laugh!!

By the way, the breast eagle is nicely original mounted and the tunic is absoluthly ok.
                      Alex
                      Last edited by Alex Ciavaglia; 08-03-2007, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackadder View Post
                        For crying out loud,
                        You scream, Put together.... well explain it to us.
                        this kind of posting doen't make any sence. You scream out here, talk you **** there. That doesn't help anyone, does it.

THINK BEFORE YOU POST, ALEX CIAVAGINA !!

From the pictures i see, I can tell you this one hell of a uniform.
                        I would go for it !

Greetings and waiting for an explanation from alex whitch we wont get I think !

Niels
                        Dear Niels,
                        as you can see i answer without problems to your question and with hearty tones.
                        ...and please, be precise when write my precious surname: for you and the comunity it is Ciavaglia, ok?

Comment

Thanks Alex, for your opinion..
                          I didn't know those stamps was museum stamps, is there anyway to find out witch museum??

Kind regards
                          Jens

Comment

1)The numbers on the lining was stamped by some museum in the former Soviet Union and i never have seen a tunic with those numbers came out with complethely original sewed insigna.
                            2) If you look around there are more Hermann Goering tunics than the real number of the soldier of that Regiment... and put on two fake collar tabs on a nice tunic is not so complicated.

A "Hermann Goering" collar tabs original mounted on a Fliegerbluse who cames out from the former Soviet Union...please don't make me laugh!!

By the way, the breast eagle is nicely original mounted and the tunic is absoluthly ok.
                            Alex
                            Hello,

Thank you for the explanation.

So why is it impossible for a HG tunic to have made it to the Soviet Museums?

They were transferred to the east in Apr1944. Also, the Soviets occupied much of Germany. Why is it so laughable that there could be HG tunics there?

Regards
                            Paul

Comment

I am 50/50 on this one. The tabs look a bit long to me, and I am not sure they are original applied. can not tell from just pictures alone, would need it in hand to make a real judgement.
                              But if the eagle is original applied, and it does come from soviet capture as alex says those markings are, then it could stand that the tabs are original as well using that logic. Why would it be from soviet captivity with original eagle with swaz, but the plain white tabs with gulls are removed??? Just playing devils advocate here. Food for thought. Tiny tunic, made for a little teenager...
                              Jerry

Comment

Just another observation. The boards have well defined impressions from the buttons. That would add evidence of long-term attachment don't you think? If that could make a case for the straps with white piping then maybe the tabs are consistent.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X