Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer collar tabs

Hi Guys,

Need a bit of help from some of you educated collectors. I have recently purchased (still on route) a set of Panzer collar tabs which are the usual black backing cloth with aluminium death heads however the waffenfarbe is red and not pink. Would I be correct in assuming that these may be from a Sturmgeschutz guy rather than a panzer man.
    Apparently the chap who was the original owner was in the Grossdeutschland Division so I am wondering if he was in fact from the GD Sturmgeschutz Abt or am I completly wrong here. I am a little confused as I thought Stug men who had totenkopf collar tabs wore them with green backcloth and red waffenfarbe and not black backing cloth. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

Phil

hello,

few elements there :

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ed+waffenfarbe

it seems red waffenfarbe associated with black collar tabs an tk's existed.
    but for wich units exactly, it's still not completly clear for me.

i'm interested too by any comments on this point.

regards
    derka

Comment

Panzer Artillerie

True red piping on a black skull tab would be for Panzer Artillerie. You can find good reference material on them in the following books:

The Panzer Soldier by Wade Krawczyk

FIELD UNIFORMS OF GERMAN ARMY PANZER FORCES IN WORLD WAR 2. (Hardcover)
      by Michael H & Edwards, Robert J. Pruett (Author)

Comment

Thanks guys for the replies. I have no doubt the wearing of red piping on the tk black tabs was done as some of your pics on that earlier thread indicate. Kai Winkler also has one listed on his website for sale. He lists these tabs as belonging to sturmartillerie rather than panzer. Big price too 750E. When the tabs arrive I will post them for opinions but there is exceptional providence with them that they come from a guy in the GD division. I will therefore assume he was in the Stug brigade rather than their Panzer companies. Many thanks for your help.

Phil

Comment

Phil,

Please be sure and post photos after the tabs arrive. I have seen pairs that came directly from vet buys. Always nice to see another pair...you can never see too many!

Richard P

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X