No announcement yet.

General Gebirgsjäger coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then again if he was promoted to Generalleutnant late in the war, maybe he didn't upgrade his greatcoat. He probably had more on his mind than pips for his shoulder boards if it was April 1945!!!

I would try and get some paperwork on it. I believe a named piece is more valuable than one not named. When you have something named, it comes alive because you know about the original owner.

Just my thoughts.

Bob

Comment

Congrats on a very fine jacket!
      Steve

Looking for anything pertining to Pi.Btl.16 or Pz.Pi.Btl.16

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
        Then again if he was promoted to Generalleutnant late in the war, maybe he didn't upgrade his greatcoat. He probably had more on his mind than pips for his shoulder boards if it was April 1945!!!

I would try and get some paperwork on it. I believe a named piece is more valuable than one not named. When you have something named, it comes alive because you know about the original owner.

Just my thoughts.

Bob
        Hi Bob, I was thinking the same... This might be his dress coat, and it might never been updated. Will try to do some research about the lost grouping.

Thanks for the great replies guys!
        http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

A nice greatcoat, with what I consider to be superb age toned shoulder straps. These are particularly fine bullion examples that really make this coat what it is, in addition to the expected cool red lapel turnbacks

Let us see some more high ranking greatcoats for comparison, I think we will find it hard to beat this one on the bullion.

great purchase.

Comment

Gruss Gott Sander

That coat is a real beauty,not to mention the edelweiss which is SUPER

As Juan said CONGRATULATIONS

Ace

Comment

In my opinion its not that unusual to find named items that don't reflect the owners final rank. I believe Bill Shea has (or had) in his collection a Rommel tunic that retains his early Generalmajor rank.

Comment

I believe the maker of this beauty (that is on the estand right now) is Spohn & Klaiber of Ulm.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                  I believe the maker of this beauty (that is on the estand right now) is Spohn & Klaiber of Ulm.

Thanks
                  http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GFM View Post
                    In my opinion its not that unusual to find named items that don't reflect the owners final rank. I believe Bill Shea has (or had) in his collection a Rommel tunic that retains his early Generalmajor rank.
                    Would love to see that tunic! Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X