Sahariana style windjacke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sahariana style windjacke

I own this Sahariana style GJ "windjacke" which is a double breasted coat in Italian "Sahariana" cut (based on the shape I assume this is for mountain troops)...and I believe that its Spanish...(I assume that the Spaniards have mountain troops along the Spanish-French border).
    It does have a post war Spanish Legion shield (added for effect).
    Based on the style resin buttons used I'm confident that it is indeed Spanish, but my question is :
    is it war time? (its an old '30s- 40's pattern overcoat)
    And if so could it have been used by Spaniards in the Wehrmacht as well (or by Germans)?
    Thanks Nick
    PS: SORRY BAD QUALITY PIC...I"LL REPLACE IT WITH A BETTER ONE LATER. NEXT PIC IS BETTER!
    AT LEAST YOU GET AN IDEA OF THE CUT WITH SAHARIANA STYLE SHOULDERS...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 06-30-2007, 08:20 PM.

windjacke

Note Spanish looking buttons, hook neck closure, "Sahariana" style buttoned front and shoulders.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 06-30-2007, 12:59 AM.

Comment

back

back which is also "Sahariana" style...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NickG; 06-30-2007, 08:17 PM.

Comment

sleeve cuff detail

Here's the sleeve cuff detail. Typical Spanish (resin) buttons. How old is this piece???
        Attached Files

Comment

front

fr
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's another picture

Here's another picture, also a little out of focus... Sorry! Disregard the German shoulderboards, its Spanish I am pretty sure of it but my question is is this a ww2 piece and is it related to (Spanish) mountain troops? 1940's?
            Anybody?
            Attached Files

Comment

Nick, I'm not sure when but this I believe is a Spanish jacket worn only by Spaniards in the Spanish military. My guess would be 40s to 50s. The jacket seems to have the same style buttons on other style Spanish sahariana jackets Ive seen dated as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
                Nick, I'm not sure when but this I believe is a Spanish jacket worn only by Spaniards in the Spanish military. My guess would be 40s to 50s. The jacket seems to have the same style buttons on other style Spanish sahariana jackets Ive seen dated as such.
                Thanks for your input Dennis! The buttons are very "plastic-ee"...Probably from early post war period.
                Its a very cool design...never saw another one before. Its an old thread...In the mean time I sold this piece to a Russian collector several years ago!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X