No announcement yet.

Luft tunic and helmet found together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Grandfather was a pilot during the war and then stationed at Rhinemain airbase just in time for the Berlin air lift. Anyway he said that these tunics were everywhere normally found around U.S. occupied German airbases close to where they were found in the unit store houses and depots. That is all I know about these unissued tunics.

Steve

Comment

Humm!!!

If it was used I see them go for $1,000.
      Unissued only $500??

I always try to buy quality and that Luft tunic looks beautiful. Nice find.

Comment

So if I am understanding this properly, I could by this tunic, add on some collar eagles, and then multiply its price by two by wearing the tunic for a few of my metal detecting expeditions?

Comment

Robert,

One other thing I wanted to add is your tunic is a second model "waffenrock", my tunic is the first model "tuchrock".

Steve

Comment

Jean-Loup that is exactly what I was thinking!

I have a tunic like that one with minor differences dated 1938. airborne-steve what are the differences. Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

Comment

I had a few more e-mails... with higher offers

I am sorry... it has been sold... for the $600 plus shipping.

Thanks for asking... Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Paul70 View Post
                Jean-Loup that is exactly what I was thinking!

I have a tunic like that one with minor differences dated 1938. airborne-steve what are the differences. Any help would be appreciated.

Paul
                Paul,

The only differences between Roberts "waffenrock" tunic and my "tuchrock" tunic is the waffenrock has a slightly different cut allowing the collar to be colsed at the neck using a hook and eye set up. Also the waffenrock has chest darts at/on the upper pockets between the armpit and pocket flap. The tuchrock was introduced in the early 1930's and the waffenrock repalced the tuchrock and was introduced in 1938/39.

You may have the early "tuchrock" tunic which may explain why your tunic has slight differences? Please post your tunic and I can tell you for sure what you have.

Steve
                Last edited by airborne_steve; 06-26-2007, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Nice uniforms Steve!

I think the tunic in question is a Waffenrock. What is the date of your Tuchrock Steve? I have a FJ named and unit marked Tuchrock dated 1938.
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Steve,

Forgive me for asking, but I'm confused with your left uniform in the photo. It has one gull, and yet is an NCO's tunic (tress on collar and shoulder boards). I have a obergefreiter's flak tunic with two gulls. I'm a novice and could use some guidance here on this please. I see NCO's with three and four gulls per tab.

Robert

Comment

One gull NCO is Unteroffizier (Uffz), the lowest ranking NCO comparable to a Corporal. Two gulls would be an Unterfeldwebel which is actually an uncommon rank as most Uffz were promoted directly to Feldwebel (why, I don't know)
                      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Thank you Gene,

I see. My tunic has two gulls on tab with two chevrons on sleeve, an obergefreiter, or lance corporal. The tress makes the NCO ranking?

Robert

Comment

That is correct!

Two gulls on a tab with collar tress make an Unterfeldwebel.

Private Rankings, no tress around the collar:

1 gull on tab- Flieger
                          2 gulls on tab and 1 sleeve cheveron- Grefeiter
                          3 gulls on tab and 2 striped sleeve cheveron- Obergrefeiter
                          4 gulls on tab and 3 striped sleeve cheveron(later replaced by 2 striped cheveron with a pip centered inside the upper gap of the cheveron)- Stabsgrefeiter

NCO Rankings, Tresse around the collar. No sleeve cheverons:

1 gull on tab- Unteroffizier
                          2 gulls on tab- Unterfeldwebel
                          3 gulls on tab- Feldwebel
                          4 gulls on tab- Oberfeldwebel and Hauptfeldwebel

Comment

Thank you very much!

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
                              Nice uniforms Steve!

I think the tunic in question is a Waffenrock. What is the date of your Tuchrock Steve? I have a FJ named and unit marked Tuchrock dated 1938.
                              Willi,

My Tuchrock is dated LBA1937 and has unit store ink marking for FLAK Wei which is for a FLAK school unit. It also has a "3" chain stiched on the shoulder straps. It has other markings in it for other units but they are sort of faint.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X