Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stalingrad Cross Tunic

Here is one you don't see everyday.

In January 1943 the 44th Infantry Division was decimated at Stalingrad. The division was reformed in the spring of 1943 and renamed Reichsgrenadierdivision "Hoch-und Deutschmeister". The 134th Infantry Regiment was renamed Reichsgrenadierregiment "Hoch-und Deutschmeister" and given the honor of wearing what is commonly referred to as the Stalingrad-Kreuz. This device (minus the Stalingrad banner) dates back to the 12th century chevalier monks of the "Deutschmeister-Orden."

Unfortunately this tunic is unnamed, however, there couldn't have been that many Lieutenants with the German Cross in Gold assigned to this unit, so it may be possible to narrow down the search.

The awards (except the cloth German Cross in Gold) are not original to this tunic.
    Attached Files
    AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Here is the shoulder board
    AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

Comment

And the DKiG in cloth.
      AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

Comment

Hi Thomas, thanks for posting a killer tunic! The shoulder boards are very nice to see. I do hope that you manage to track down the original owners identity, as that would make the tunic even more special
        Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I simply can't believe my eyes

Comment

This tunic is HARDCORE.
            Hope you find the owner.

Mads

Comment

Thanks for the comments. It is by far the rarest one in my collection. I need to track down a list of DKiG holders with unit assignments.
              AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

Comment

NIce!! Amazing quality!! Congrats on an awesome collection!!

Comment

Very nice piece!

would be great indeed to know the owner, keep us updated...

Comment

Oh..my...looks very, very nice.
                    CSP

sigpic

Comment

Scott - Just after you went overseas I picked up a number of boards you had Dave selling for you. Unfortunately the board with the Stalingrad Cross was already sitting in his collection. I didn't think I'd ever have a uniform for this unit. Never say never.
                      AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

Comment

What else could I say...Fantastic tunic!
                        Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Thanks Gendarm. Nice of you to make an appearance. Let me know when you want to come over and take a look at it (and make sure you bring the stuff you've picked up since your last visit).
                          AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

Comment

Sounds good Tom! I don't think it possible to cary all the police "junk" I've picked up since the last time I've seen you! Hit a few jackpots. Seems that you've also done well!
                            Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Just finished my monthly reporting cycle so this is the first chance I have had to see this piece. While others have so justifiably added their... woahs !!! . .to this one let me add mine as well ... gorgeous piece. I am a collector of Schnelltruppen and DKiG winner's cloth so I am loving this one ... thanks for sharing Tom .. .and yes I am jealous

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X