Clear All

Help needed about collar tabs!

Hello,
    could somebody help me identifying those collar tabs
    Thanks a lot

Quite light yellow...so signals maybe?

Comment

Tabs

Piping is the correct color for Signals. It is odd that the center is white.

Comment

Those are KM koastal officer collar tabs. Koastal have yellow branch stripes with a white divider stripe on bottlegreen backing

Comment

Are you sure they are from coastal?
          I've already seen coastal tabs and they are a bit different: the end of the yellow stripes is yellow too. On those tabs, they are white
          I give you photos of coastal so that you can compare:

So, can somebody confirm that the first ones are from coastal?
          Thanks you all!!

Comment

It is my opinion that they are Coast Arty as well.

Comment

yes some coastal have yellow chaple stripes and some don't you will see both types but they are definately coastal officer tabs

Comment

Upon looking closely at the large pic of the tabs do they show any signs of being disassembled and then re-assembled? the white stripe looks odd like it was sewn over the darkgreen center stripe? looks like a zig-zag stitch was used. I'm starting to wonder if these are altered tabs. I once bought a pair of what were supposed to be motorized recon officer tabs but when they arrived they turned out to be just a pair of arty officer tabs that someone had painted over the red branch stripes with primer paint

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
                  Upon looking closely at the large pic of the tabs do they show any signs of being disassembled and then re-assembled? the white stripe looks odd like it was sewn over the darkgreen center stripe? looks like a zig-zag stitch was used. I'm starting to wonder if these are altered tabs. I once bought a pair of what were supposed to be motorized recon officer tabs but when they arrived they turned out to be just a pair of arty officer tabs that someone had painted over the red branch stripes with primer paint
                  Hi,
                  I'm sorry I cannot answer as they are the only pictures I have!
                  Anyway, if the white stripe was sewn over the green center stripe, what would it be then? I think they would still be original from Cost Arty (which would have been "repaired" as you say!

Comment

If they originally had a dark green divider stripe they would be either signals or calvary officer tabs depending on the shade of the yellow stripes

Comment

Tabs

The waffenfarbe if they were Army is Signals. Calvary is very different and obvious unless the tabs are heavily worn or oxidized. Signals tabs also would be one of the cheaper tabs to modify and take apart to create a more valuable piece of insignia.

Comment

These are rare coastal artillery kriegsmarine officer's collar tabs. I agree!! They are not Army signals and definately not cavalry! The white centerpiece makes these Kiregsmarine küstenartillerie ! Nice set!!! Nick

Comment

These are rare coastal artillery kriegsmarine officer's collar tabs.
                          They are not Army signals and definately not cavalry! The white centerpiece makes these Kiregsmarine k******252;stenartillerie, that the yellow part does not expand out is just a maker's variation IMO. I agree with "pzrwest"! Nice set!!! Nick

Comment

Thank you all for your help

Comment

Personally I would pass on them as I don't like the way the white center stripe was done looks to me like a pair of altered tabs. Just too crude they way it was done.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X