PZ Officers conversion (repost)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTZ
    Sniper I have three different caps to go with this one.
    you can call me Snipe lol

Nick, post your 3 panzer caps one day in the headgear thread.....

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER7 View Post
      you can call me Snipe lol

Nick, post your 3 panzer caps one day in the headgear thread.....
      I think if you do a search two have already been posted.

Comment

Here is one
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice Set !

your panzer cap is a Late war Schellenberg ?

Comment

Nice Tunic

Great conversion job, I really like the upgraded and field tailored tunics. Nice example.

Comment

Nick,

Wonderful tunic and one with character that is seldom found today.

The most interesting upgrade I ever saw was a 1st model tropical tunic for a heer general. Under the collar, you could see the original enlisted collar tabs stitches showing that the em tabs were still sitting under the general's tabs. The general's eagle was sewn right on top of the enlisted tropical eagle. The shoulder board loops were not even shortened, but stitched across to make the fit of the slip on boards more tight. For over 30 years, I have been trying to get that tunic. It was purchased at a gun show, in the late 1960s and the locals told the fellow that the tunic was an obvious hump up! It is still the neatest upgrade and the best tropical general tunic I have ever seen.

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I'm resurrecting this old thread since I am now the new owner of this tunic. I find it interesting how some of these are passed from one collector to another over the years. I have a question regarding the ink stamps. The are located on the inner left flap instead of the right, as typically found on pre M42 tunics. This appears to be a modified M40 tunic, but wish to get some more thoughts on this. There isn't any depot or year stamp, just the dimension stamps. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X