Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gebirgsjäger windjacke, pls comment

Dear all,

I'm wondering, as this windjacke is not the textbook one. It's shoulders are "dropped", not the regular jacket type and shoulderboards were not used on these. My question would be, is it more rare? Do, any of you fellow collectors have a same type in your collection? What are your opinions?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

pic 2

shoulder
    Attached Files

Comment

pic 3

back
      Attached Files

Comment

pic 4

button hole
        Attached Files

Comment

pic 5

front detail
          Attached Files

Comment

Gr******252;******223; Di' J******228;ger Christian und Bergkameraden,

That's a very interesting Windjacke that you have. I don't think I've ever seen one with Raglan sleeves before. I have several GJ Windjacke variations in my collection, but nothing like this one. Perhaps it's civilian, para-military, or maybe Italian or French...both had similar jackets.

Here are a couple of mine for comparision:

Berg Heil!

Comment

gj wj

Lieber Herr Kiser!

Thanks for your reply!

I have purchased this windjacke from Raesfeld - Deutschland, so I presume it's German origin. Nevertheless the sunfades it's in very good condition. And as I'm checking the small details, it's so precise, that in my eyes it has to be german, although there are no visible markings. Probably later variation, or I don't know.

But as you said, it's not the average windjacke.

Could you send me a pic of the back of your green wj? And don't you have one for sale?

Awaiting your kind reply, Gott Mit Uns!

Krisztian

PS: Of course other opinions are welcomed!

Originally posted by BergführerKiser View Post
              Grüß Di' Jäger Christian und Bergkameraden,

That's a very interesting Windjacke that you have. I don't think I've ever seen one with Raglan sleeves before. I have several GJ Windjacke variations in my collection, but nothing like this one. Perhaps it's civilian, para-military, or maybe Italian or French...both had similar jackets.

Berg Heil!
              Attached Files

Comment

Geb Jäger jacket

the jacket appears to be period but looks to be a civilian/paramilitary cut. Also the buttons are not your typical Gebirgsjäger type.
                Jim

Comment

Windjacke

The Jacket was first issued to Hochsgebirgstruppe circa 1925/26 in all different patterns and colors. This photo is of Reichswehr Ski Troops in the late 1920's. They are wearing at least two different styles of wind jackets and several different colors (of interest too are the WWI style Drill tunics). Windjacken also were a popular civilian garment through the 1930's.

I think your coat is German but hard to tell if it is civil or one of the many variations. It looks very well made with reinforced stitching etc. which would push me towards the possibility it is private purchase (there are examples of tailor made Windjacken as well) or civilian.

Is there any evidence of a removed cloth label or a faded issue stamp? That would be the smoking gun as far as issue or private purchase. Nice whatever it is and I do not think it is post war.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Inside

Thank you very much for your comments.

Unfortunately, no matter how hard I try, I can't see neither sewn in and removed label, nor faded stamp of maker...

Although here's a photo of the interesting material/colour of the lining of the front.

And a detail of the hook.

brgds, Krisztian
                    Attached Files

Comment

hook

hook
                      Attached Files

Comment

The pictures help

I will say this looks to be much higher quality than issue pieces I have seen. I would guess it is talior made for military use or factory made but for civilian use. Still with the questions a very nice piece in great shape!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X