• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect and untouched !

Comment

Picture

Originally posted by LDR View Post
      I think this is fine, from looking in the Waffenrock book, there are examples of the 7 that does look like an upside down 2. Page 150, shows a Pionieer from battalion 27, and this is exactly the same.
      Dear LDR, can you pls put on a picture of that please? The appearance of this 7 is confusing me. Probably it was easier to use one pattern for 2 and 7, as they do it with 6 and 9, but otherwise it's pretty uncommon to see a 7 like this in Europe...

Thanks, Krisztian

Comment

Krisztian,

I hope the authors dont mind me posting these images, but here are some great examples from 'Waffenrock - Parade Uniforms pf the German Army'. If you havent got this book, and are interested in waffenrock, i recommend getting it. Its a very nice book and the best bit of money i've spent for a while!

Anyway the examples:

27 Pioneer:

47 Metal this time. Not as obvious.

Period photo. Think this is a 77, but upside looks like 22

78 Artillery:

79 another metal one:

Period photo. Looks like 87.

Hope that helps, lots of 7's that look like upside down 2's.

Lewis

Comment

[QUOTE=LDR;2044809]Krisztian,

I hope the authors dont mind me posting these images, but here are some great examples from 'Waffenrock - Parade Uniforms pf the German Army'. If you havent got this book, and are interested in waffenrock, i recommend getting it. Its a very nice book and the best bit of money i've spent for a while!

Wow, thanks for these examples. It's very interesting!

brgds, Krisztian

Comment

No problems.
            Also notice on the first image, the pioneer, there is a difference between the 2 and 7. The bottom of the 2 is different from the top of the 7...so not the same pattern.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X