SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I finally found my Heeres-Drillanzug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I finally found my Heeres-Drillanzug?

Hello,
    I've been looking for years for a nice Drillanzug.
    This one seems to be the perfect one.

It has the correct details like:
    - only 2 lower pockets, without flaps
    - 5 removable buttons
    - Correct material

But.. does it look original? What do you think?

Thanks,
    Frank

(I removed the first 3 photo's, because the ones below are the same and much bigger)
    Last edited by German_military; 06-10-2007, 01:14 PM.

Last edited by German_military; 06-10-2007, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Last edited by German_military; 06-10-2007, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

How about some closeups of the material. Color looks good and the cut is right, but the material is the sticker for these.

Gary

Comment

Here they are. The anzug is used, but thats never a problem to me. The hard work was being done with these uniforms.

These originally didnt had insignia. Was it more common that an eagle and insignia was added? ( the collar tabs seem to be replaced, but it looks like an eagle has been on the uniform for a while)
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last
                  Attached Files

Comment

Almost forgotten. These came with the uniform. Are they original?

Thanks,
                    Frank
                    Attached Files

Comment

back
                      Attached Files

Comment

The items all appear original. However, the application of the collar tabs/Litzen is improper. They are probably post war additions by someone who did not know better. I suppose it might be possible to find a period photo of collar Litzen in wear on such a uniform, but I've never seen one and adding Litzen was not in accordance with how the uniform was worn in the regulation manner.

These uniforms are most true to form if bare of any insignia.
                        Last edited by CSP; 06-04-2009, 03:54 PM.
                        CSP

sigpic

Comment

I know that for Polizei the application of rank insignia (minus sleeve-eagle) was not uncommon late in the war. Seen that happen many times in photographs.

I have also seen period photographs pf Waffens SS wearing Drillich anzuge with all insignia on it.

I believe the SS-forum has a few threads relating to insignia on Drill-jackets (search for Handschar drillich jacket)

Fact is that it was done in the period as original photographs proove. As for regulations....late-war regulations are hard to locate.

PS. there seems to be discoloration visible where the eagle once was. Under the eagle the cloth is clean and has a fresh color, surrounding the ealge mark the cloth is worn and "dirty". That would suggest to me that the eagle was on the jacket when the jacket was worn.
                          Combining this with the fact that more than one photo from more than one organisation shows this practice being period I would say that an eagle should be reattached.

If the shown eagle is the right one for the job I am not sure. It looks a bit new compared to the wear and tear of the jacket. Maybe finding an ealge with the right ammount of wear (consistent with wear on the tunic) would look better in place.

Comment

would be nice to see some period photos for the Heer...for that matter, any branch.
                            Last edited by CSP; 06-04-2009, 03:54 PM.
                            CSP

sigpic

Comment

Hello,
                              Thanks a lot! I'm pleased to have found my first Drillich uniform. What amases me, is that there is such a lack of original photo's of these drillich uniforms. Most photo's I've found are from the white drillich uniform.

In case someone has photos of the green model ;perhaps he want to post them.

Thanks all for your help!

Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X