Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Breast Eagle (Question)

Hi All

Just added this Heer breast eagle to my collection and would appreciate some help. This isn't my normal area of collecting, so I rely a lot on my fellow collectors.

This breast eagle is a flatwire version. The patch measures approx. 3.5" from wingtip to wingtip. It is worn, and has evidence of stitching remaining.

Does anyone know what period this might have been worn. My impression was that this version was an early war period peice worn by NCO/Officer ranks.

Thanks for the help,
    Andrew

Hi Andrew, I have you have summed it up correctly.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Ade

Thanks for the response. My primary interest is in polizei items, so whenever I pick-up something outside this realm, I feel like a fish out of water.

So would this have been initially used on the M35 and service dress tunic's ?

Andrew

Comment

100% good!

These eagles were pre & early war produced. Found on NCO parade tunics and on some combat and walking out tunics. Normally these were tailored applied. You can find these eagles without the felt backing sewn on senior NCO, Jr officer combat tunics.

Steve

Comment

Yes, seen on the M36 tunic and sometimes the Waffenrock parade tunic too.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Ade / Steve

Thanks again for the replies. At least I have a caption to apply to the image.

Honestly, I was getting a headache trying to sort through all the different versions of the breast eagles.

Andrew

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X