Russian KM Volunteers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian KM Volunteers

Were there Russian volunteers in the Kriegsmarine? If so, what did their uniforms look like?

As far as I know there were no Russian volunteers in KM. The closest would be Ostbataillons in Coastal Artillery and construction units working on the West Wall.

Comment

OK, what uniforms did the Ostbataillons in Coastal Artillery wear? Was it just the KKA uniform, KKA uniform with different insignia, or a totally different uniform?

Comment

I remember seeing a pic of a volunteer in Koastal uniform on the westwall but what nationality he was all I remember about the pic was a sleave shield of some type

Comment

Individual nations contributed volunteers to KM and wore according uniforms. For example the Dutch and Estonians would wear regular KM uniforms + national shield. Ukrainians in KA wore regular Kusten Art. uniform + the patch. Ostlegions would wear standard uniforms for the Osttruppen, which was similar was basic WH uniform with national insignia.

P.S. The two cases of foreign pics are a Soldbuch for a Ukrainian in KA which I have and a Soldbuch for a Turkestani volunteer which was posted on the forum. I also came across number of dogtags for foreign volunteers with KM - Ukrainians, Georgians and Turkestanis.

Comment

Hy guys

i recall seeing KM id tags "Ostlegionär" those tags were ground dug and mixed with Croatian tags all 100% original.

Cheers

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
              I remember seeing a pic of a volunteer in Koastal uniform on the westwall but what nationality he was all I remember about the pic was a sleave shield of some type

- Where exactly did you see this photo? Was it in a book?

Comment

No it was on one of the forums just which one it was now I can't remember it might have been a link in one of the posts about the koastal. showed a koastal guy with rifle slung

Comment

Could be this one.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...tch+volunteers
                  Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                  Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Yes that was exactly what I saw. From that I assumed that the koastal artillery did use volunteers as for Russian volunteers I have no idea if there were any.

Comment

Yeah I saw those too - fantastic photos of Dutch in Kriegsmarine service.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X