Help with collar tab i.d.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with collar tab i.d.

My excuse is that I have problems with color/shade blindness but it's also true that the whole IIIrd Reich era rank system confuses the heck outta me!
    Can someone i.d. these two sets of collar tabs? THANKS in advance.

Kragenspiegel

I think the one on the left is called "Einheitslitzen". This was a collar tab for enlisted/nco soldiers and went on combat and field type uniforms such as the M-36 and M-40. This type of tab varied from early tabs in that it no longer had the Waffenfarbe (colored stitching to denote the branch of service, Infanterie, Panzer, etc.) on the tabs.

The others are officer's collar tabs. The color could be faded/soiled white (Infanterie), gold (Kav. or recon), or
    lemon yellow (signals). It is often hard to tell by pictures alone.

Comment

From these pictures I would say the officer tabs is goldenyellow for kavalleri.

Kind regards
      Jens

Comment

Thanks guys! The officer tabs definitly are signals or cavalry. But I can't tell which!

Comment

Tabs

Here is the same problem. I always look at them outside in direct sunlight. It is very hard to tell with aged tabs, the metalic braid seems to oxidize and meld to a color between the two waffenfarbes. If you are lucky you can gently pull them apart a little and see the clean color somewhere underneath where it was not exposed. I have come to the conclusion my tabs are signals.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=221757

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X