Waffenfarbe Cav and Signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffenfarbe Cav and Signals

I am having a hard time discerning between Cav and signals. The Boards are golden yellow Cav. but the tabs to me are lemon yellow. I looked on the Kai Winkler site and I have a real hard time telling the difference between his listed as Calvary versus Nachrichten. Anybody dealt with this before? The tabs pictured are different color than the boards but also look like they may have oxidized a bit or are dirty.
    Attached Files

2nd shot

Other tab
    Attached Files

Comment

The tabs are signals IMO. I have a few tunics with this type of tab and the center waffenfarbe get real dark. My Cav tunic is almost dark brown. That is what I would think a signals would look like with the patina.

Comment

The tabs on field-worn pieces are always tough - it is rare to find a worn set that are in pristine Lemon-Yellow - those sorts of tabs, no matter what branch, seem to oxidize pretty heavily. I've had Arty tabs on a WELL worn field tunic that were almost brown.

Don

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, I will trust your eyes as well as mine. I believe they are signals as well. This was the summer Cav summer tunic that was on the estand recently. Unfortunatley this supports my theory that the cav boards were added later. The eagle was resewn etc. and the boards were sewn in very crudely. The tabs are original to the tunic. Another restoration project.

Comment

Here is a pic of my Cav tabs to compare.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again

Yes, very clearly golden yellow. Very different than mine. That is what I thought, thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X