No announcement yet.

Jewish SS division?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grandma told me form a jewish man in her town, how would like to be a volounteer in the german army. He has no chance till 1945. But in this year he was called to the wss. Soon after that he was kia.
    But a own company or regiment of jewish people!?!
    I thnk that wasn´t possible.

Comment

Is this a joke?
      Iam Uncle Sam
      That’s who Iam
      Been hiding out
      In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
        Is this a joke?
        good joke

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
          There have been stories of some people of Jewish blood hiding that fact and hiding out in Heer and other branches but I doubt they might be able to pull it off in the SS. But I guess it might be possible but why would they try to hide in the SS .... well might be the last place they would look for you is my thinking.
          When LVF had to join the SS Charlemagne Div, some black men (from french carribean islands) and (at least) one jew from the unit were volunteers, the SS haumptmant said a big NO NO, and they end the war as free workers.
          I've heard of one french jew that passed the test and was in the Charlemagne (or the Sturmbrigade, can't remember)

By the way thanks for the joke.

Comment

I love this ridiculous sh1t...........be careful though, someone WILL believe it, and then it will slowly fester into "fact".........."the man in the pub said:........."

Comment

Originally posted by Diane View Post
              > Even "if" they wanted a Jewish unit why would a jew join up?

Interestingly enough, some did:

Hitler's Jewish Soldiers
              I actually found this book some time ago on Amazon and have ordered a copy of it, but it hasn't arrived yet. What struck me was the endorsement by John Keegan, I have great respect for him as a historian and researcher. So, if he found it useful and valid, I would also like to have a chance to read it. It sounds like a very interesting topic to be sure. .

But as for the original topic of this thread, no doubt, that uniform is an absolute horror. Certainly, there were men of Jewish extraction who served in the Wehrmacht, but there is simply no way that they would knowingly be collected into a homogenous SS unit as were Frenchmen, Italians, Muslims,...and given a distinctive cuff title in recognition of their "chosen" status.
              Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
              All the best,
              Chris

Comment

While I dont doubt there were Jews in the Wehrmacht (there were Japanese in the US army remember, despite the camps on the West coast) the arm cuff is a fake.

Comment

..kind of like The black panthers having a George Lincoln Rockwell brigade!
                  ..ain't gonna happen!

Yes, some Jewish soldiers were in the Heer, a famous one was Milch in the Luftwaffe, but to wear the runes you would have had so many checks and probes and files on your ancestors etc. that you would be found out eventually..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X