Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triangle breasteagle on M43 tunic?

Hello to all

Small question regarding those triangle breasteagles. Was it common to find these on a 43 dated M43 EM feldbluse?

I noticed below tunic offered for sale by a WAF-sponsor. From the picture provided it looks good, but what do the experts think of this feature? It's not sewn through the lining.

I was in the believe that trapazoid/triangle breasteagles were only to be found on 44 dated tunics (both M43 and M44)??

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Jan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jan Beazaer; 05-02-2007, 08:50 AM.
    'Arzt und Soldat'

I saw that too, and I also believe that this style eagle was not issued until 1944.

Comment

Last edited by Jan Beazaer; 05-02-2007, 11:19 AM.
      'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

The stamp inside indicates that this uniform was accepted at the depot in 1943. If we assume the insignia was applied at the factory, the eagle must have been applied in 1943. Perhaps this tunic was issued in 1943, then returned in 1944, damage to the sleeve repaired, the lining removed and cleaned seperately, the triangular eagle applied to replace a damaged or missing eagle, and then the thing put back together and sent to the depot. Or, this could have been done in 1997. It is possible that the eagle was applied before 1945 but there is no way to say for sure. Certainly the eagle is not "textbook" for 1943 and that is why the price is so reasonable on this one IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
          . Or, this could have been done in 1997.

That would be my guess!

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Thanks Chris and Glenn for your input.

I wonder, if restored indeed in the last years, why not using the correct type?

If this influences the sellingprice as Chris is stating, it shouldn't have been to hard to find a correct type breasteagle and having it applied in the same manner, which is really nicely done from the picture IMO and with apparently the same thread as the litzen and general stitchings.

Then maybe some collectors would think it's an untouched piece...

Cheers

Jan
            Last edited by Jan Beazaer; 05-08-2007, 05:51 AM.
            'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Hello,
              not saying this triangle eagle is period applied on this specific Feldbluse, but about the Neue Uniform adopted in September 1944, it was already in use for experimentation during summer of 1943. With what kind of eagle applied ?
              triangle or normal shape ?
              if triangle, it means they were produced before 1944 and why not applied on latest productions of M43 Feldblusen, just my thoughts....
              Last edited by JPhilip; 05-07-2007, 03:47 PM.

Comment

National emblems were definitely factory-applied in triangular fashion to M43 tunics - see the sample attached. However, it is difficult to say if the example posted to start the thread is period done; unlikely in my opinion.
                Attached Files

Comment

That is how I like to see it Mike,folded as a trapazoid (nice example)

Glenn
                  "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Jan,

Do you have more detailed pictures of the tunic showing the lining, back side of the eagle or other parts of the tunic? From what I can see, the tunic looks questionable IMHO.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by airborne_steve View Post
                      Jan,

Do you have more detailed pictures of the tunic showing the lining, back side of the eagle or other parts of the tunic? From what I can see, the tunic looks questionable IMHO.

Steve

Sure Steve

Here's a link were more detailed pictures are available, click on the uniform-section and scroll down. But IMO there's nothing wrong with the tunic itself.

http://www.klaus-butschek.com/start.php

Cheers

Jan
                      Attached Files
                      'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

IMHO, Original well used heavily repaired stripped M43 Feldbluse with insignia reapplied. Buttonhole of front closure is repaired with white HBT material. Still nice for a combat display on a mannequin
                        Last edited by JPhilip; 05-08-2007, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Good tunic with reapplied insignia IMHO. Well used indeed.

Steve

Comment

the breast chicken looks pre 44 style untrimmed

Comment

very nice Mike. I really like the "look" of that one. Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X