ribbon on pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ribbon on pocket

I have seen several tunics that have a ek2 or russ. front ribbon attached to the top breast pocket button hole sewn at an angle is this something that was done by the individual? as I have a tunic display that I would like to put an ek2 ribbon on the breast pocket button hole.

I've seen Axis allies' ribbons kind of stuck there for lack of a ribbon bar, but not WW2 German awards... especially ones that WERE worn from the 2nd tunic front buttonhole.

Awards were worn that way as a sort of fad 1918-20-ish. But that was apparently when the novelty of even HAVING upper pockets hadnt worn off yet.

Comment

pocket ribbon

here is a link to third reich forum topic where I posted a picture of a ww2 german tunic with a ribbon in such a way. I have seen several tunics with ribbons like this. ek2s russian front. I have even seen them with two ribbons running opsite of each other on the same breast pocket button hole.
      http://www.thirdreichforum.com/viewt...=177645#177645

Comment

Yup... that's the RUMANIAN Crusade Against Communism ribbon stuck there in the pocket flap buttonhole.

Anybody have any photos of GERMAN awards being worn that way in WW2? Erich? Robert?

Comment

Here's an Offizier-Aspirant Gefreiter from Pionier Baon 9 circa 1918-19 wearing his EK2 out of the (probably DUMMY!) pocket "buttonhole" of his modified M1915 tunic. This was definitely a "fashion statement" and not improvization due to lack of ribbon bars, because the narrow ribbon bar width ribbon had to be ordered from the rear somewhere.
          Attached Files

Comment

And the Vizefeldwebel pilot here on the left is wearing his EK2 and Baden MMM ribbons from his pocket buttonhole, fall of 1918.

Such wear was common late WW-ONE. Full sized ribbons were usually used, possibly because of lack of proper ribbon bars, but more likely because the wearer of a modified M1915 blouse felt it was NEATER to wear awards off a pocket button than sewn haphazardly to the concealed button tunic front.
            Attached Files

Comment

Closeup
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's a photo with ribbons worn on both of the top breast pockets:
                Attached Files

Comment

These guys obviously aren't German, notice missing breast eagles and collar tabs... anybody know what nationality they are?

Comment

Closeup of pocket ribbons at 2400 dpi. I don't know squat about these, please enlighten me as to what they are
                    Attached Files

Comment

hmmm....

He's got a Golden Honor Badge, whoever he is. I'l go waaay out on a limb and say that one of the ribbons on the right chest pocket looks a lot like it might go with a Blood Order...
                      -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Definitely a Gold Party Badge... Can't tell what any individual ribbons are because they are overlapped, tiny AND blurry, but look like the ladders of WW1 Austrian type awards on the right and WW1 German awards on the left.

Simply... WEIRD!

No tabs/eagle but army caps suggests "Field" RAD or maybe TeNo or something improvised circa 1940. Note that all the guys are wearing M1936 tunics, yet also have on visor caps... and not a single solitary award among the young guys.

Comment

Very interesting, I wrongly assumed these guys would be some type of non-German auxiliary forces. I kind of refuse to believe it could be a Blood Order ribbon, notice how the ribbon guy seems to have a hole torn in one of his trouser legs, he and the others look a bit down-and-out...

Unfortunately I cannot provide a clearer picture of the ribbons, this is a standard 6x9cm print and even though I finally have a decent scanner the last scan already exceeded the actual resolution of the photo, I cannot make out any further details under strong magnification.
                          Last edited by stalwart; 04-26-2003, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Good eye.

I saw the torn trousers also and wondered why a "Golden Pheasant" would be so attired.
                            -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X