shoulderboards from a box of goodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shoulderboards from a box of goodies

A friend a work had a box of items from her German grandfather- some shoulder boards. I mostly do qualification badges and don't know anything about shoulderboards. I don't doubt the authenticity but would apprciate more info from the experts. Thanks. Rough estimate of value for her. Thx.
    Attached Files

Sorry about the angled shot. reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

These are Police. The loopy ones are the rank of "Meister," which is a kind of Warrant Officer. As singles, perhaps in the ten dollars range. The orange is for rural constabulary (Gendarmerie) and the green for urban police (Schutzpolizei).

Unfortunately the other two (Hauptwachtmeister, or Sergeant major) have been ruined by someone jamming in two extra pips on each-- they should only have TWO not four. Too bad, as those are Police Administration and much harder to find. The pips in the button hole opening can be removed easily enough, but it looks like the original two on each board (am not sure from the scans if this is a pair or two singles) were probably repositioned to jam in the third one... making all sorts of extra holes.

I'd leave those two "as is" and let whoever presents "best offer" do with them what they can to get them back to the way they SHOULD be. If YOU move the pips , could just make things even worse than they arlready are.

Comment

Thanks Rick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X