Unusual Breat Eagle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Breat Eagle?

This was one of two Bevo breast eagles that were just bought directly from a veterans estate with other material. It is a white eagle on a light gray (not green) background. They are not faded. It is one I haven't seen before, any ideas?
    Attached Files

A great early one White eagle on an ash grey underlay instead of the usual 'emerald' green underlay.

Comment

Yep, pre-war Heer EM national emblem. Very nice.

Comment

Thanks, guys!

Comment

Eagle

Greetings All,

You have a very nice first pattern Heer breast eagle. This is a BeVo eagle with somewhat of a thicker weave. It wasn't used very long and then they went to the second pattern ,white on dark green.

Fred Green

Comment

Originally posted by Diche Fritz View Post
            It wasn't used very long and then they went to the second pattern ,white on dark green.

Hello,
            this initial type was applied from beginning of 1934 to mid-1937.
            ciao!

Comment

Are these more valuable than the later versions? About what would one expect to pay (U$) for one of these?

Comment

Eagle,

Greetings Rich,

I don't know if this eagle is really more valuable or not. I like them because I don't see them that often. They are not as desirable to the uniform collectors because they generally don't use this style of eagle as a replacement eagle on a tunic,IMHO. I won't pay anything extra and consider it a basic collectable eagle.
                When it comes to costs; I am a tight-ass! I pay $20.-$40. for a basic Heer breast eagle. I usually pay on the lower end of the scale.

Fred Green

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                X