Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Oberstleutnant's Four Pocket Tunic

Greetings.
    Here are some shots of a Panzer Oberstleutnant's four pocket tunic in my collection. The condition is very fine except slight moth nips on the wool backing of the shoulder boards and some soiling on the right cuff. The breast eagle is made of real silver bullion and shows nice dark patina(It might have been replaced at one time, but still looks very nice on the tunic).

Comment

Comment

Comment

Oberstleutnant with only one medal loop and no medal bar loops??? That doesn't strike me as being expected. Also, I would expect to see that there would be at least one moth nip on the tunic itself if there are some on the boards, maybe this has had a "promotion" in the not too recent past. Sorry for the pessimistic remarks, just my feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf D. View Post
            Oberstleutnant with only one medal loop and no medal bar loops??? That doesn't strike me as being expected. Also, I would expect to see that there would be at least one moth nip on the tunic itself if there are some on the boards, maybe this has had a "promotion" in the not too recent past. Sorry for the pessimistic remarks, just my feelings.
            Rolf D.
            Please refer to another thread regarding the lack of loops and the tunic itself.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=170552

as about the moth nips, I only mentioned the most noticeable nips, which were located on the shoulder boards area. Sure there are other nips on the tunic, which are not as noticeable as those on the boards. I simply did not mention them. The wear and aging of the tunic and boards match and I see no signs of them having been replaced.
            Last edited by nakta; 03-13-2007, 02:12 AM.

Comment

For me is an excellent tunic...congrats!
              Many high rank officer only desplayed some medals...not needed a lot of loops.

Comment

The tunic could be 100% original. I think this one would need a hands on as opposed to photos though. I do share in RolfD’s pessimism but for different reasons. The collar looks to have a lot of nap wear but the tab backings do not. The tabs are also in pristine condition. I would expect the collar to be the same. The should boards are sewn in to the seams as far as they can go but the buttons still seem to be placed in a little too far causing them to bend a bit. The board buttons would be the last thing the tailor attached so I would expect them to lie flatter.

Does this mean the tunic is put together? No!!!!!!! The tunic might be exactly the way it ended the war. I would just look at it a bit closer.

Comment

Congrats on getting it in!! I know that the wait was too long!!

Have you decided which badge you are to place in the loops?

Paul

Comment

Rolf/Victor.
                    Thanks for your comment and opinion.

NTZ
                    I also had slight concern over the tabs and boards as you mentioned. However, the tabs are not in pristine condition as they appear in the photo and they seem to have been there(could find no traces of previous tabs). As about the boards, I can find no explanation about the buttons' location. Somewhat odd, but OK with me.

Paul.
                    Thanks! I think I'll add a Panzer badge on it.

Overall, many thanks for your input gentlemen!
                    Last edited by nakta; 03-13-2007, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Weirder things have happened. If you did the hands on and it checked I can only say.

Comment

Great tunic, I love the silver eagle, that looks awesome! It is very difficult to say when insignia was applied to tailor made officer tunics like this. In any case, this is a lovey display.

Comment

NTZ/ Chris

Thank you for your comment!

Comment

Nice bluse

It is a nice looking Officer's Bluse. I myself would stick a EKI on it. Unless you had a Panzersturmabzeichen badge with 75 engagments, I would think an Major would be more proud of his EKI then a lowly qualification badge. But that is my two cents.

Bruce

Comment

I don't see anything wrong, nice tunic. I would also go for an ek1 on the pocket for this rank. Jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X